1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Development

posted

Hello osu! players,

I have been working with a few streams lately trying to develop a cool new system that works to allow streamers to receive and keep track of song requests.

It's called ORB - osu!RequestBot. ORB sits in your twitch chat and, upon receiving a !req command, will add any song requests to the list - which appears on the UI of the program. This list allows you to use access the osu!direct menu inside the game. When you get into the game, the song will be checked off the list.

It's a very simple program that I hope many people are able to utilise. It takes almost no CPU - leaving you with loads for your stream.

The link to the source is: https://github.com/Redback93/OsuRequestBot[1]
And you can download the executable at:
This Link[2]
(Current Version: 1.2.3)

Supports mods:
eg. !req http://osu.ppy.sh/s/141284 HD HR



If you have any questions, ideas or personal issues, feel free to PM me on Reddit or on osu!

Enjoy
posted
This is really nice. I don't do streaming but this will reduce the spam on requests by flooding the chat box. =w=)b
posted
I'm liking the program, but there's one feature that I would find helpful: the !np command.
The UI already displays the song that's currently playing, so I don't see much reason not to put it in there.
posted
This sounds easy enough to implement. Great idea. I'll update it later.

[This has been added to the latest version - File Version : 1.1.1.0]
posted
Oh, I didn't even realize that the current song display isn't even working for me in the first place :( I play in fullscreen, so programs like yours can't get data from the titlebar since it now only changes in windowed mode.
The only program that I've seen that can obtain song data when fullscreen is Piotrekol's osu!history program, but I don't know how he does it...
posted

YayMii wrote:

Oh, I didn't even realize that the current song display isn't even working for me in the first place :( I play in fullscreen, so programs like yours can't get data from the titlebar since it now only changes in windowed mode.
The only program that I've seen that can obtain song data when fullscreen is Piotrekol's osu!history program, but I don't know how he does it...
He does that by implementing the MSN Live updater. I think he was the one that pioneered that idea.
posted
I thought that only provided song and artist information... I guess it displays the currently playing difficulty too.
Any thoughts on implementing this?

EDIT: And after giving this an actual test run, I have one more feature request: Can you make the list display the beatmap creator?
posted
Hey! i think you bot is really good ;)
But i have one question.. how can i disable the !np command?
posted
The second link isn't working or me. :o
posted

Yuniicorn wrote:

The second link isn't working or me. :o
You're right!
I uploaded it here for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z23uc1w3fztwsk3/ORB.zip
;)
posted
Sorry, I've been moving my servers around quite a lot lately, and this is one of the things that was overlooked. The URL has been updated.
posted

YayMii wrote:

I have one more feature request: Can you make the list display the beatmap creator?
Implemented in 1.2.1
posted
I've added "Mods". If you put the mods after the space, it will show up in the list.
eg:
!req http://osu.ppy.sh/s/141284 HD HR
posted
Okay, 2 more things that I found that would be useful:
-A map's status (ranked/unranked)
-difficulty (if the request used a /b/# URL)

I really appreciate that you're keeping this updated. I find your tool very helpful, aside from missing the above two features (which prevents me from completely taking requests seamlessly). Anyways, thanks :)
posted

YayMii wrote:

-A map's status (ranked/unranked)
-difficulty (if the request used a /b/# URL)
Included in 1.2.2. Thank you very much for the great feedback.
posted
cool this application (y)
posted
The program does not work for me whenever i type !req http://osu.ppy.sh/s/134767
http://gyazo.com/c3ddf8c752c801f0f00c9d935dac1979
posted

Dragon111064 wrote:

The program does not work for me whenever i type !req http://osu.ppy.sh/s/134767
http://gyazo.com/c3ddf8c752c801f0f00c9d935dac1979
Make sure that the bot is actually in the channel's chat. The bot should give cues if it receives the message. The bot must have a verified email address and be using the irc password (instead of the usual login password).
posted

Dragon111064 wrote:

The program does not work for me whenever i type !req http://osu.ppy.sh/s/134767
http://gyazo.com/c3ddf8c752c801f0f00c9d935dac1979

Redback wrote:

Make sure that the bot is actually in the channel's chat. The bot should give cues if it receives the message. The bot must have a verified email address and be using the irc password (instead of the usual login password).
Where do i put the email?
posted

Dragon111064 wrote:

Dragon111064 wrote:

The program does not work for me whenever i type !req http://osu.ppy.sh/s/134767
http://gyazo.com/c3ddf8c752c801f0f00c9d935dac1979

Redback wrote:

Make sure that the bot is actually in the channel's chat. The bot should give cues if it receives the message. The bot must have a verified email address and be using the irc password (instead of the usual login password).
Where do i put the email?
Log into the account on twitch.tv and make sure the account has a verified email.
show more
Please sign in to reply.