forum

Struggling with minijacks/How to get involved in the mania community

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CliqueApeX
I have started playing mania around mid December and I've improved alot since then. I play around the 3.3-3.5 star level. Is there any maps that can help my minijack skills, alot of maps in this range start to sprinkle them in and I'm having alot of problems with them. Alot of videos I see on yt people know these iconic songs and if someone referenced their score(s) they could at least ballpark where they are in skill. How do people end up knowing this info? Is there popular ppl in the mania community that I don't know?
Wimpy Cursed
All I did to improve at minijacks was play jack filled maps while increasing the bpm. I tried not to let the star rating fool me, as long as I kept getting an A rank on those maps.

Tech maps also help (for me personally). There is also DT, but I never found that to be a good solution yet for my skill.

I cannot recommend maps right now, but I will dm you later. The star rating might be higher than what you usually play, but give em a try.
Dementedjet

CliqueApeX wrote:

I have started playing mania around mid December and I've improved alot since then. I play around the 3.3-3.5 star level. Is there any maps that can help my minijack skills, alot of maps in this range start to sprinkle them in and I'm having alot of problems with them. Alot of videos I see on yt people know these iconic songs and if someone referenced their score(s) they could at least ballpark where they are in skill. How do people end up knowing this info? Is there popular ppl in the mania community that I don't know?
Aside from the obvious play more, and if you play more then keep it on that level, dont forget the principle of progressive overload

Me personally would upgrade every skill a bit with some getting more attention because almost all of them are useful higher up the rating

And about the community - I myself am a pretty isolated from all the stuff going on in mania, so maybe you could try joining discord servers and similar
Pckables

CliqueApeX wrote:

From my experience, at your current skill level Minijacks are just going to be one of the tougher patterns to get used to.
You'll get better at them as you improve your overall speed, so don't feel the need to push for them specifically.

Playing tech maps will definitely improve this area though.
Topic Starter
CliqueApeX

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

All I did to improve at minijacks was play jack filled maps while increasing the bpm. I tried not to let the star rating fool me, as long as I kept getting an A rank on those maps.

Tech maps also help (for me personally). There is also DT, but I never found that to be a good solution yet for my skill.

I cannot recommend maps right now, but I will dm you later. The star rating might be higher than what you usually play, but give em a try.
Alright I appreciate this
Hoshimegu Mio
Minijack > chordjack.
Wimpy Cursed
Man I don't know which one is actually better, they are both fun to play
15C

CliqueApeX wrote:

You gotta read through every thread every day on the forums, and then you will know everything. THats what i did
Stomiks
Since the minijacks advice is already good, then I can give you some advice about getting involved.

Usually you can start by replying here in the mania threads, particularly this thread. Don't let the title thread fool you. It used to be like that but it eventually turned into a mania chat thread. There's also mania discords you can join if you're interested in that.

About the popular people question, it's pretty much just prominent players and mappers like usual. The people you usually find here in the osu mania forum are just regulars that continually post here.
Topic Starter
CliqueApeX

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

How do you find specifically tech maps? Is there a way to find maps of certain skillsets like jacks/lns by star rating? Or maps that have a specific pattern?
Wimpy Cursed

CliqueApeX wrote:

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

How do you find specifically tech maps? Is there a way to find maps of certain skillsets like jacks/lns by star rating? Or maps that have a specific pattern?
You could search up "tech" in the search for beatmaps. They will either be named with "tech" or have tags within the beatmap that would include "tech"
You can find them easier with graveyard maps
UltraBlack
I always suffered from minijacks, there is not much you can do about then other than playing (sadly). If there is people you don't knsow they are probally the banned and forgotten mania top players like lylwrychi, -delay- 2ard, gyp0, cheetose, and many others.