forum

[resolved] how do i update osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K011F1SH
Problem details:
how do i update osu? i am currently on version 20220829 but i dont know how to update it and i think i need to sinse when i play osu it always say connection failed try again even when my wifi is stable and it also doesnt update my play time or anything like that on my profile. could someone help me? ( should i try redownloading osu to get the latest version? i dont know if the songs i downloaded will save so i dont want to redownload the game)

Video or screenshot showing the problem

osu! version: Stable 20220829
Arvesh1234
Steps:

1. click on options
2. go to general
3. scroll down to updates

it usually says your "osu! is up to date"
Normally whenever there is an update it should show up at the bottom as soon as you open osu!

I don't know what shows up if it isn't updated. If there is any button to update it then you may continue to do so.
If you still have any query you can send me a screenshot of the options menu

: )
Topic Starter
K011F1SH

Arvesh1234 wrote:

Steps:

1. click on options
2. go to general
3. scroll down to updates

it usually says your "osu! is up to date"
Normally whenever there is an update it should show up at the bottom as soon as you open osu!

I don't know what shows up if it isn't updated. If there is any button to update it then you may continue to do so.
If you still have any query you can send me a screenshot of the options menu

: )
ty for the help but i think i might have a problem sinse it says ''an error occurred during the last update atempt!'' i also logged out of my account in osu and now it shows up as guest even if when i click on profile it sends me to my account do you think it could be related to that as well? (edit: i clicked on the guest thing again but now it doesnt send me to my profile but instead sends me to the profile to someone called guest)
- Marco -
Can you switch to cutting edge from the settings and provide your network.log file from the osu/Logs folder?
Topic Starter
K011F1SH

- Marco - wrote:

Can you switch to cutting edge from the settings and provide your network.log file from the osu/Logs folder?
ty for the help i just switched it to cutting edge but when i went to osu/logs i couldnt find a file called network.log i only had osu!auth.log , runtime.log , session.log , update.log and update_success.log i think that might be the reason why i cant update the game and why my connection always fails
- Marco -
Ah sorry i meant update.log, open that file with notepad and copy the entire text and paste as a reply to this thread. It should show why the updater fails to update.
Topic Starter
K011F1SH
- Marco -
Try downloading the installer, run it and then when it asks where to install click the updater to change the install location and browse to your osu! installation. It should fix this error which occurred on previous versions of osu! (prior to 20221011.3)
Topic Starter
K011F1SH

- Marco - wrote:

Try downloading the installer, run it and then when it asks where to install click the updater to change the install location and browse to your osu! installation. It should fix this error which occurred on previous versions of osu! (prior to 20221011.3)
ok

- Marco - wrote:

it worked tysm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so happy rn omg ty for your help!!! :)