forum

[Archived] Unfixable stuttering/Input Lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MinaCMoo
Problem details:
I have been struggling with this issue on and off since I started playing osu, and recently I thought that I had it fixed. Osu would run with no problems and I averaged about 1.4 ms while running Discord in the background. However, a few days ago, I start up osu and it randomly has gone back to running around 10ms at the minimum all the way up to 200ms at its worse spikes. I have gone through the wiki/troubleshooting page and tried most steps, and I've looked at countless youtube guides.
I run on an i5-8300 and a GTX 1050 Ti. I am usually pretty good at being able to diagnose when my pc has a problem and fix it on my own, but I am truly overwhelmed. This issue is on and off and sometimes I am able to fix it (there hasn't been a solution that has worked consistently). Please help! I would be happy to provide any evidence needed!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20230319
Blushing
Have you changed any settings with discord, OS, or computer settings recently? Did your computer go through a crash or a restart/update?

Does switching your release stream from cutting edge to stable do anything different?
Topic Starter
MinaCMoo
I didn’t change any settings prior to the problems starting again. Since then i’ve changed mouse settings as well as a bunch of osu settings including cutting edge. Switching to Cutting edge helped a little by bringing it down to around 5-6 ms but it quickly returned to the average 10 ms minimum. No crashes prior to the problem either although i did update my drivers after it started to see if it would fix it and it did nothing. It’s difficult to remember the timeline because this was a few days ago that the problem restarted, but there was an update to my pc asking if i wanted to switch to windows 11 (i did not update to windows 11), but that might have been after the problems started. If it was that pc update what can i do to tell if the update was the problem?

-maybe an important note-
before the problems started, I would always get multiple pop ups when launching osu that said “missing graphics file” or something similar to that but after clicking okay 4 times osu would launch and be completely normal and at an average of 1.4 ms. Since the problem started it hasn’t done that once and it also has problems tabbing in or even clicking into the application once it’s open. Maybe this information will help diagnose something!
Blushing
Well, are you using the correct graphics? If your cpu has integrated graphics it might have switched to that instead of using the graphics card. Try seeing if that changed/changes anything.
Topic Starter
MinaCMoo
I checked Nvidia Control Panel right after it started as well as just now and it is still using my graphics card.

Additional note, I haven't changed anything since last night, and now my osu is running pretty smoothly averaging 2.2ms. I have no clue how long this will last or what fixed it
Topic Starter
MinaCMoo
Annnnd the problem is back!!! Same issues as before, nothing in my settings or with my pc has changed!