forum

Touchscreen controls for Mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KnightFire
I was wondering if anyone knew of a program or a convenient way to play mania on something such as a Windows 8 tablet. Maybe a program where I can place just a couple of keyboard keys on the screen that correspond to my osumania keys ingame. Anyone have any ideas? I tried Comfort On-Screen Keyboard Pro, but that didn't work at all. Neither does the regular Windows 8 keyboard (and it'd be extremely inconvenient even if it did). Anyone have a solution for this?
Agka
Is the touch screen able to allow for at least 4 different taps at the same time?
I'm curious.
Full Tablet
What's wrong with the keyboard?

Some touchscreens allow for 4 different fingers, but even then their performance tend to be not good at all.
Agka
If its performance is not good then OP is wasting his time.
Topic Starter
KnightFire
It does. I can tap 8 fingers on the screen and they all register fine.

Also, nothing wrong with a keyboard, I'm just not likely to be carrying around a physical keyboard with me since this is a tablet.

And the Windows 8 keyboard just doesn't register in game.
Xcrypt
I don't think OP considers gaming for performance when stating he is looking for touchscreen things in mania, but just a way to have fun.
It's obvious it's not going to compete with a keyboard, but it doesn't matter in this case.
I wish I could help you and actually answer your question though, but I have no idea myself.

On a side note: there's a touchscreen version of o2jam. http://www.9game.com/wor/prd/prd/lg-G2- ... 14952.html
And there's also a touchscreen version of osu!standard and some other fun rhythm games.