forum

should you change universal offset or local offset whats the difference

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wootingly
i heard that i should fisrst tune my universal and then the local but idk how to really tune it
Gamesnake7
Only if you feel like your gameplay is offsync should you consider to change offset. Is it offsync?
15C

yes.

please tune your universal offset
it makes a big difference because there is only a 10 ms gap between hitting a max and hitting a 75%
My offset is currently 5 ms, it should really be 17 ms (i did an offset test on quaver) but im used to hitting the tiniest big late and it saves me if im running a little behind on the song's tune.
local offset is basically just the offset for the map only for you, you dont need to change that unless only one map you play is offbeat
regarding the universal offset, there are a few things that could factor into making your timing off
  1. your rhythm sense
    2. your moniter (60hz, about 15ms - 20ms delay)
    3. your headphones. Never use wireless headphones as they have a huge delay that makes the game unplayable
    4. your keyboard polling rate. this will only effect it abit, but its always best to have a keyboard with 1000hz polling
rate. You might be able to change it in your keyboard software app (for me its iCUE)
Basically if you feel like you're hitting perfectly on time but you're not getting max, aka. marvelous, rainbow perfect, then you might want to look into the 4 things i just listed.
You can also try looking at the bottom of your screen, where the offset bar or whatever you call it lies.
when you see lines to the left, it means you're hitting too early, if its to the right, it means you're hitting too late. When the timing its too early, which is the most common case, you have to make your offset to +ms, to balance out the timing.
Stomiks
I only change my local offset if it's still not in sync even with correct universal offset. It's just a pain in the ass having to manually change your local offset for god knows how many maps you have.

And oh yeah, tune your universal offset for reasons on what luminar said above me.
miwiki
ignore this because this is playing the game wrong but adjusting my offset is like impossible so im a hitsound player at 0 offset and me mental health is much better from this decision
15C

regitt wrote:

ignore this because this is playing the game wrong but adjusting my offset is like impossible so im a hitsound player at 0 offset and me mental health is much better from this decision
I think everyone is a hitsound player... but the offset helps you hit to the beat with max more consistently