forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 7: Short repeating slider

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

20.45%
1 - Hate them!
15.00%
18.18%
22.73%
5 - Love them!
23.64%
Total votes: 220
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
If there's a gap before and after (at least 1/2), I like them. If they're continuous (1/4th), they make it too hard to keep a full combo since they're so easy to break. I think I have pretty good accuracy, but these things trip me up ALL. THE. TIME.

1'd.
Xgor
I remember me using this mapping technique in this map....
It sucked! :(
Edit:Why did i vote a two...I'll change it to a 1!

Anyway, here is another mapping technique!

Segment sliders

This technique is many sliders on a row (this technique is often used with Etna sliders) and when a slider ends the next slider is placed there.

0:46:612 on Marisa wa Taihen na Mono wo Nusunde Ikimashita [Normal] is a good example of that :)
Wojjan
No.
nononononononononononono
Never, especially when the number of repeats changes inside a combo.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Ivalset
If there is more than 1 repeat, it is terrible.

If there is just 1 repeat, it's fine.
mm201
eee

I just really hate these when they are used with a differing number of reverse arrows. As in "hitcircle (1) has 3 reverse arrows, (2) has 3, (4) has 6 of them."
Also when there are way too many of them, this can be seen in Kevin.o2SE - Red Sign.

these are very difficult for me to play through, so, you know, if you want to make eee happy, keep them consistent in reverse arrows or don't use them at all >:|, I know, who wants to make eee happy, right.
anonymous_old
Real1
Aww, don't hate on them too much. <3

I seem to rarely have problems with these and, if they are used correctly and not with too many in a row, they are fine.
awp
Was gonna give a 1, but decided a 2 instead, since I shouldn't put bias on the application of the technique. If it's one to end a combo, providing a bit of breathing room before the next hitobject, it's fine. But that's rarely the case; people misuse these far too often.
SteRRuM
Love it, so hard <3
Kitsunemimi
Horrible way of mapping.

Although they can rack up your combo real quick, and all you really have to do is hold them in one spot, it's not very creative and usually it's hard to time when to release from one slider to the next.
YGOkid8
They're fun, but in this song...
IOSYS - Marisa wa Taihen na Mono wo Nusunde Ikimashita [Hard]
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/243

eh, 4*
Gens
10crystalmask01
Can be good to use as an alternative for triplets. It can go fairly well for maps with both fast and slow BPM. I'd use it :D

4/5