forum

Beatmap score reaches max and decreases

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fuunoli
I was trying to find out what the max score of my WIP beatmap was, and it continues to display 00 as the max score. After watching through the replay, just after ~2.2 billion score, it will then decrease dramatically. The final score ended as ~400 million instead.

It is an extremely long album marathon, so maybe there is a max score?

Only posts discussing this were from a decade ago, that was supposedly patched out.

Beatmap: beatmapsets/1417165#osu/3445302
lewski
Score is stored in a 32-bit integer, so the max score you can get is 2^31 - 1, which equates to a bit over 2 billion. When a player's score hits the cap, it overflows.

It hasn't been patched out, but to make maps rankable even if they cause score to overflow, afaik these kinds of maps should force scorev2 nowadays. Not sure if that only applies to maps with leaderboards or if it just happens when the score is submitted.

Edit: if you try playing the map without auto, the game will automatically put on the scorev2 mod. I guess that explains it.
Topic Starter
Fuunoli

lewski wrote:

Score is stored in a 32-bit integer, so the max score you can get is 2^31 - 1, which equates to a bit over 2 billion. When a player's score hits the cap, it overflows.

It hasn't been patched out, but to make maps rankable even if they cause score to overflow, afaik these kinds of maps should force scorev2 nowadays. Not sure if that only applies to maps with leaderboards or if it just happens when the score is submitted.

Edit: if you try playing the map without auto, the game will automatically put on the scorev2 mod. I guess that explains it.
Figured there was a maximum integer. Not a huge issue, just curious. Really appreciate the answer!