forum

[resolved] Disgusting input latency spikes + frame skips

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
applew_
Problem details: Very agonizing and annoying input latency spikes every minute or so. Input latency is constantly at around 1 but then randomly jumps to like 7-15 and my game skips a couple frames and i get like 3 yellow dots instantly next to the MS counter, sometimes more sometimes less. FPS is always around 600-700 in game, 240 in menu. I've tried every SINGLE fucking video trying to help with this problem and searched through the entire forum for a fix but nothing has helped. Also the spikes don't happen only in game, they happen in the menus aswell.

Edit: I put the AP mod on and played a random map and kept my eyes on the 2 counters. As i said my frames are always around 600 but what i noticed is that in the span of like 4 seconds my frames would lower to around 400 and then the input latency spike happens and my frames skip. Idk what this means but here u go.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600G CPU
Corsair Vengeance 16x2GB RGB PRO RAM
ASUS TUF X570-plus Motherboard
AMD Radeon RX Vega 7 Integrated GPU
iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler
Corsair 650 Watt Power Supply

Monitor:
Alienware 240hz 27" 1080p Gaming Monitor | AW2720HF

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
spencer1404
Try using compatibility mode (you can enable it ingame in the renderer options section)
If compatibility mode doesn't work:
- Update your Graphics card drivers
- Make sure your osu! is fullscreen and not borderless or windowed
- If you have any background apps (like discord) close them or disable hardware acceleration (if the program supports it)
- Make sure your power saving settings at least on balanced or high performance
- Make sure you HAVEN'T set you osu! to Realtime in task manager
If Nothing here works then as a last resort, uninstall the game and possibly even factory reset your pc (if you want to keep your osu! data then make sure you back up the songs, skins, screenshots, replays, and export folders).

Also you are using a Integrated GPU and a 240hz monitor, you could be straining you CPU so much that it can't handle 240hz.
Try 144hz or 60hz temporarily and see if that does anything (Kinda sucks ik)
Topic Starter
applew_

spencer1404 wrote:

Try using compatibility mode (you can enable it ingame in the renderer options section)
If compatibility mode doesn't work:
- Update your Graphics card drivers
- Make sure your osu! is fullscreen and not borderless or windowed
- If you have any background apps (like discord) close them or disable hardware acceleration (if the program supports it)
- Make sure your power saving settings at least on balanced or high performance
- Make sure you HAVEN'T set you osu! to Realtime in task manager
If Nothing here works then as a last resort, uninstall the game and possibly even factory reset your pc (if you want to keep your osu! data then make sure you back up the songs, skins, screenshots, replays, and export folders).

Also you are using a Integrated GPU and a 240hz monitor, you could be straining you CPU so much that it can't handle 240hz.
Try 144hz or 60hz temporarily and see if that does anything (Kinda sucks ik)
I tried all of this already and nothing worked.
spencer1404
Have you changed any BIOS settings?
and is it possible to get a recording of your entire screen with background processes and everything? (don't show any confidential data just record you opening the game then opening task manager and playing a map or two)
Topic Starter
applew_
I think the last time i changed BIOS settings was like a month ago and i changed my fan speeds to higher and turned on SVM bcs my bluestacks wasnt working but then i turned off SVM and uninstalled bluestacks on the same day anyways so idt that's the problem.

Yes, I will record my screen and show u in a second.

Edit: Nevermind, deleting it for the 2nd time seemed to have fixed the problem for now. Will keep this thread updated if the problem reoccurs.

Edit: Ok the problem's back. I'll record it now @spencer1404
-Inui Sana-