forum

[Archived] Osu stuttering when I stream on twitch.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hutsherres
Problem details:
Osu stuttering while streaming on twitch.
I've got a pretty good pc that should easily be able to handle streaming osu. I can stream a lot of other games with no to minimal issues but with osu I get constant issues when I'm streaming. The game stutters a lot.
I have tried to lower the bitrate from 6000 to 5500 this isnt a lot of a difference I feel like but it didn't help there was no change in the stuttering. I'm not great at osu setting or at streaming settings thats why I have come here for help (this also explains why the stream scene looks kinda stupid so pls dont hate on that) I really enjoy osu and streaming so its really irritating to not be able to stream osu. I hope someone can help and fix the problem. :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.twitch.tv/coldnoodl3s/clip/RepleteBoredPterodactylBrainSlug-zAZlgrNEVHKjFIvw
twitch clip that shows it happening.

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
spencer1404
May I ask for your computer specs?
There are a lot of variables that can cause osu! to freeze, Stutter, Hang, ect.
Also are you saying that streaming in other games can have some performance impact and does your osu! stutter when you aren't streaming?
Topic Starter
hutsherres
The specs are:
motherboard: ASUS Prime B660-Plus DDR4
processor: Intel Core i5 12400F (6 cores)
cooling: Endorfy Fera 5 ARGB
Ram: 16GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast RGB
videocard: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti (8GB)
power: v650W NZXT C650 Gold V2 Modulair
think thats all the important stuff.

When I stream other games I may get an occasional stutter but maybe once every hour and ther fps is a little lower then when im not streaming but still about between 100 to 220 fps with games like Apex legends and League of legends.
my osu does not stutter when I'm not streaming it player really smooth.

hope this helps
spencer1404
Are you using OBS to capture the footage?
I have the same graphics card as you and overall pretty similar specs (ish).
Try recording or streaming at a bitrate of 3600 (or lower) and/or lower the output resolution to let's say 1280x720, try to reduce the amount of load on your CPU and GPU as much as possible.
I'm totally with you your game should not be stuttering because you have a good pc but I think either you have too many tabs open or the bitrate is still too high.
I'm not too sure though as I don't stream often myself.

If that doesn't work have a look at this https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1748947?n=1.
Topic Starter
hutsherres
Thanks a lot! I'll try that now since I have time to play on stream for a bit hope it works.
spencer1404
DM me if it still doesn't work since I don't get notifications when someone replies to a forum.