Total Posts
show more
Soarezi
what the fark is going on lmfao
Horo
this thread amuses me deeply
TakuMii

StormR1d3r wrote:

"There's more to skill than pressing keys as fast as possible for as long as possible. Control is still needed for osu!, just not to the same extent as Stepmania since you're dealing with two keys that do the same thing. It still helps for things like HardRock, or maps that have unusual rhythm patterns, or simply just going for SSes. Basically, it just benefits overall consistency. Not saying you can't be consistent with Reds though, as proven by players like thelewa."
So control=consistency? Consistency in what ? Accuracy? that's all in the persons head. Unusual rhythm patters ? that's again all in the persons head.
SSes ? Same thing, nothing reds or browns help with. Unless you meant something different, and if so, then explain.
If you can't agree that having an additional sense to determine when your button press is being recognized in the game won't help your accuracy, then there's no point even saying anything more. There's a reason that SM players often recommend Blues for beginners despite them being terrible for stamina (mainly because accuracy is hands-down more important at lower levels than stamina is).
Stamina will only ever be the most important if you've already developed a sense of control. There's no point being able to stream forever if you can't stream consistently.

StormR1d3r wrote:

"I don't know how he could adjust his technique for more stamina/speed when he's already capable of playing the most straining songs in the game with Reds."
Then why are you using a guy who never bothered to utilize the full potential of reds in order to somehow prove your point that its "all preference" ?
How does this show any meaningful information ?
I didn't say "why", I said "how". If he can already use both switches for maps that are the most demanding on stamina, there's not really any way he can adjust any further.

StormR1d3r wrote:

Big black isn't harsh on stamina and SC has tons of breaks so don't count them in. Nobody aside cookiezi has FCed FD so that shows how harsh this map is stamina-wise. Stamina and speed play a major role in this game and reds benefit them more than browns due to reds being lighter. Unless you point out something that browns help with which is also a major part in this game then you can't prove anything.
Maybe Big Black was a bad example. But I've already made my point about Browns above. Also, Freedom Dive isn't that fair of an example either (as I've already mentioned), as it is entirely just spaced streams, which also require good aim.
You'd be hard-pressed to find an example that requires good stamina without requiring good aim. osu! isn't a game where stamina = skill.

StormR1d3r wrote:

And FYI, stamina is not the same as speed.
speed comes from stamina tho
Mad Machine is a good example here. This is a very short 270BPM map. This requires speed, but doesn't require stamina. They're not the same thing.

I'm done here. There's really no point in furthering a discussion with a person that thinks his opinion is fact and that namecalling is a valid argument.
WolfCoder

Soarezi wrote:

what the fark is going on lmfao
Keyboards 4 lyfe
Soulg
"What should I eat, junk food or healthy real food?"

"Well the best you can do is eat healthy real food yet if you prefer eating junk food then it's up to you, it's gonna be easier to stay healthy if you eat actual food tho, yet you are gonna be able to be healthy anyways by eating on McDonalds."
actually a perfect analogy, well done
pooptartsonas

StormR1d3r wrote:

So control=consistency? Consistency in what ? Accuracy? that's all in the persons head. Unusual rhythm patters ? that's again all in the persons head.
SSes ? Same thing, nothing reds or browns help with. Unless you meant something different, and if so, then explain.
Exactly, it is in the person's head. If you were to PERFECTLY adapt to reds where you have flawless accuracy with them because you perfectly understand the actuation point, then cool. That's impossible though, and some people will have more trouble than others adapting. Those people that have trouble adapting may use browns better, even in the long run.
Synchrostar
/me cherishing black switch keyboard

what is this are ppl fighting over keyboard switches?
Hula
I use blacks, can I join?
Synchrostar

Hula wrote:

I use blacks, can I join?
black switch masterrace
WolfCoder
Black Switch Empire
Soarezi
I dont use blacks. Am i racist now?
TakuMii
nobody ever uses Whites :(
Soulg

YayMii wrote:

nobody ever uses Whites :(
nobody likes whitey
Dexus
Wishy did you even read what I posted about the switches? I called you an elitist because you're being an asshole thinking someone will never get good. I never said reds were shit or that you shouldn't use a certain switch type. Go back to /v/.
f i z i k
You guys are forgetting something.

Topic Starter
ballplay
So i got the red switches and i either is suck, cant get used to red switches or its unresponsive. I'm sure its just unresponsive. I'm trying to press the notes a bit earlier but it doesnt feel fun that way. http://puu.sh/68sGM.jpg
WolfCoder
Change the offset?
Soulg
How are you drawing perfectly straight lines?

Also just tap normal time but use your whole wrist while you get used to it.
Topic Starter
ballplay
i honestly dont know how i made that star. but it turns out my usb ports are pretty delayed. and i also get tablet lag so yeah
pooptartsonas
Use headphones and turn them loud enough so that you can't hear your keyboard. Then keep playing and you'll adapt very quickly. Just don't think about it.
Hello Skitty
I just got reds two days ago and they`re harder than i expected lol

I`m slower and I get more tired than with my rubberdome one wtf
TakuMii

skiter43 wrote:

You're hitting them too hard.
Mechanical switches actuate at the half-way point (instead of at the bottom like rubberdomes), so they don't need nearly as much pressure to press compared to rubber domes. Since you have Reds, you won't be able to feel when they actuate, but you should be able to get used to it with some practice.

SloppySeal wrote:

i honestly dont know how i made that star. but it turns out my usb ports are pretty delayed. and i also get tablet lag so yeah
Are you playing at unlimited framelimit? Are you playing full-screen? What OS are you on?
Topic Starter
ballplay

YayMii wrote:

skiter43 wrote:

You're hitting them too hard.
Mechanical switches actuate at the half-way point (instead of at the bottom like rubberdomes), so they don't need nearly as much pressure to press compared to rubber domes. Since you have Reds, you won't be able to feel when they actuate, but you should be able to get used to it with some practice.

SloppySeal wrote:

Are you playing at unlimited framelimit? Are you playing full-screen? What OS are you on?
\

unlimited, full screen, windows 7
Wishy

Dexus wrote:

Wishy did you even read what I posted about the switches? I called you an elitist because you're being an asshole thinking someone will never get good. I never said reds were shit or that you shouldn't use a certain switch type. Go back to /v/.
I didn't say someone will never get good, I just said you are not gonna get good magically because of your peripherals. I consider myself a terrible player so I can hardly be an elitist.
Soulg

pooptartsonas wrote:

Use headphones and turn them loud enough so that you can't hear your keyboard. Then keep playing and you'll adapt very quickly. Just don't think about it.
I tend to stream better when I can hear my keyboard
iderekmc

Wishy wrote:

Dexus wrote:

I didn't say someone will never get good, I just said you are not gonna get good magically because of your peripherals. I consider myself a terrible player so I can hardly be an elitist.
for me, getting a tablet made me magically better and the keyboard also helped a bit xD

skiter43 wrote:

that doesnt make sense xDD

Soarezi wrote:

I dont use blacks. Am i racist now?
yes xD
Synoxa

Just try both first lol its not that hard

KupcaH

lol