forum

Some new mod ideas

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy so i have a few ideas for new mods. I know some of these are posted before there are 247 pages of results when you search mod so f that s. Im sure not all of these are posted before so dont close pl0x

Lets try formatting this post this way. I put all of the existing mods in to categories made up by me for clarification, then I add my ideas there as bolded with explanation.

Hard Difficulty ease (way less score)
Half Time
Easy
No Fail
All keys Use all the keys you possibly want to click circles. As in you can do streams by pressing 4 buttons. Also M1 and K1 can be pressed at same time with this mod and same with M2 and K2

Soft Difficulty easy (some less score)
Spun Out
Last stand Can only fail by missing a note when at 0% hp. Meaning you cannot fail between notes, during slider or during spinner due to passive hp drain.

Reading Difficulty increasers (bonus score) (i think the bonus score from these should be capped at something, because you basicly have to play blind after just FL HD)
Hidden
FlashLight
Rain All notes fall from top of the screen, but they are timed so that they are on the normal spot at the time when they are supposed to be pressed.
Fireworks Fireworks (or some other shit idunno) keep exploding on the screen on top of every element blocking your view. Pressing a note causes a big explosion on the spot kinda like hit burst but bigger.
Crowded There are is another set notes (randomly located, timed the same) on the map that you must not play, but there is another cursor on the screen playing them. As combo increases more set of notes and cursors playing them appear. (ofcourse they use same skin as you)
Earthquake The entire beatmap including background are shaking. Would be cool if there was a shake spike when you hit notes so during streams it gets extreme. (dunno if this belongs to the next category)

Hard Difficulty increasers (bonus score)
Double Time
Hard Rock

Soft Difficulty increasers (unmodified score score)¨
Sudden Death
Perfect
Single tap Only M1 or K1 are available. First one pressed locks it to that one key.
^Alternative Double tap Every note must be pressed with both keys.

Unranked mods
Auto
Auto Pilot
Relax
Reversed Play the map with reversed music and beatmapping

Ill add more here when i get more ideas or maybe steal from others unless this thred gets closed or somthing.
deadbeat
Last Stand sounds interesting
Rio-
I like the Last Stand mod... but dunno for the other mods...
Ryu Sei
Interested with Reverse mod...
FrzR
Last Stand mod reminds me of CoD but it's nice.
OsuMe65

deadbeat wrote:

inb4 those mods are quite a "Fantasy" when used in-game
TwentyOne21_old
Waiting for Reversed mod...

deadbeat wrote:

DenoisoGoiso
maybe Big Slider Follow circle mod???

These ideas so interesting :3 i like last stand
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

DenoisoGoiso wrote:

maybe Big Slider Follow circle mod???

These ideas so interesting :3 i like last stand
I actually tought about "small follow circle mod" but i figured it wouldnt work well because it should give more score, exept some maps dont have alot of sliders so it would be just free score which is bad.

Ur idea of having an opposite mod to that could work on the same basis as how spun out works on maps without spinners, but the thing is i have always found sliders so easy compared to other parts of the game so eh.
- Marco -
i like this :)
Ryu Sei
Soft Difficulty increasers...
How about Speed Up?
Approach speed increases as combo increases. Reset to beatmap default whenever combo breaks.
Rio-

Ryu Sei wrote:

How about Speed Up?
Approach speed increases as combo increases. Reset to beatmap default whenever combo breaks.
Just like Flashlight, huh? but instead of FoV, It uses AR instead... Yes or No I guess, except if there's a range like if the default AR is 6, It maxed into 7 or 8 (HardRock AR calculation)
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Ryu Sei wrote:

Soft Difficulty increasers...
How about Speed Up?
I think the problem with this is it could be used to make the game easier incase you would want a faster AR especially if you combo it with the EZ mod.
Ryu Sei

satriobp wrote:

Just like Flashlight, huh? but instead of FoV, It uses AR instead... Yes or No I guess, except if there's a range like if the default AR is 6, It maxed into 7 or 8 (HardRock AR calculation)
I think it's good if AR increases 0.1/0.2 per 10 combo...
Ryu Sei
Bump.

Just got an idea: Stable (o!m mod)
Ignores all SV (multiplier) changes. Score 0,9x.
Kytoxid

Ryu Sei wrote:

Bump.

Would be interesting for Taiko too.
Yuzeyun

Sea_Food wrote:

All keys Use all the keys you possibly want to click circles. As in you can do streams by pressing 4 buttons. Also M1 and K1 can be pressed at same time with this mod and same with M2 and K2
=> Definitely not a bad idea, but as standard is all about 2 keypresses, I don't think this should be a ranked mod.

Last stand Can only fail by missing a note when at 0% hp. Meaning you cannot fail between notes, during slider or during spinner due to passive hp drain.
=> In the same fashion Fail End should exist. Lots of rhythm games use this type of fail.

Rain All notes fall from top of the screen, but they are timed so that they are on the normal spot at the time when they are supposed to be pressed.
=> I don't get it much.

Fireworks Fireworks (or some other shit idunno) keep exploding on the screen on top of every element blocking your view. Pressing a note causes a big explosion on the spot kinda like hit burst but bigger. => I also don't get it much, the thing should block your view ? This will hardly ever be played.

Crowded There are is another set notes (randomly located, timed the same) on the map that you must not play, but there is another cursor on the screen playing them. As combo increases more set of notes and cursors playing them appear. (ofcourse they use same skin as you) Like Taiko Boss notes or even WinDEU gimmick charts ?

Earthquake The entire beatmap including background are shaking. Would be cool if there was a shake spike when you hit notes so during streams it gets extreme. (dunno if this belongs to the next category) The visual should shake but I hope this won't affect the notes' position. Else, it'd be impossible to play.

Reversed Play the map with reversed music and beatmapping Nope not a good idea either. Would work in taiko but...
Adding in, Stealth (Taiko). Replaces HD+FL, 1.17x.
Reverse (Taiko). Flips over the playfield, 1.00x.
Tipsy / Float. Notes move in a small circle or up/down (sm-like), 1.03x.
Abekobe (Taiko). All notes are the opposite of what they basically are. Example, ddkdk kk ddkk becomes kkdkd dd kkdd, UNRANKED.
Super Random (osu!mania). Every note change places. UNRANKED.
Bara-

Kytoxid wrote:

Ryu Sei wrote:

Bump.

Would be interesting for Taiko too.
This has been requested (by me)
t/192110, but 0.9x is way too high, make it 2/3, so 0,67
Chamelo
I dare you to play Junichi Masuda - Lavender Town Theme with Reverse mod. :D

Very interesting, but I don't have any star left. :P
Tanomoshii Nekojou
BUMP!
I like to see this be more improved... :D :D
Founntain
i like the last Stand and the reversed
But also rain and Fireworks :D
+1
ThatGuyAtKFC
I think osu should stay the way it is currently but thats just my opinion. Adding to many mods and other junk like that kinda ruins the originality of the game nad playing without mods. :/
CommAshen
+1 for Reverse and Last Stand!!
Voxnola
All Keys and Last Stand would be awesome.... I could pass all those happy30 maps I couldn't before lol... At a price
Hitorikko
Reversed mode :D
Little

Sea_Food wrote:

All keys Use all the keys you possibly want to click circles. As in you can do streams by pressing 4 buttons. Also M1 and K1 can be pressed at same time with this mod and same with M2 and K2 Cool, this would make fast streams a lot easier for players with slow fingers, as they could play with 4 keys. Nice idea. It wouldn't work out for mouse-only players though...

Last stand Can only fail by missing a note when at 0% hp. Meaning you cannot fail between notes, during slider or during spinner due to passive hp drain. Well, this should have a severe score penalty in my opinion. This makes it really hard to fail unless the player is playing a map way beyond his/her level. Not a very useful mod, but not totally useless.

Rain All notes fall from top of the screen, but they are timed so that they are on the normal spot at the time when they are supposed to be pressed. Yeah! This is a cool idea. I expect it would be really hard to read, but seems like fun.

Fireworks Fireworks (or some other shit idunno) keep exploding on the screen on top of every element blocking your view. Pressing a note causes a big explosion on the spot kinda like hit burst but bigger. Not a fan of this. It would probably be really annoying to players, and it's not really a good measurement of playing skill.

Crowded There are is another set notes (randomly located, timed the same) on the map that you must not play, but there is another cursor on the screen playing them. As combo increases more set of notes and cursors playing them appear. (ofcourse they use same skin as you) Same opinion as of Fireworks. This doesn't contribute to the skill aspect of the game, and seems more like just a gimmick. It'd be pretty irritating.

Earthquake The entire beatmap including background are shaking. Would be cool if there was a shake spike when you hit notes so during streams it gets extreme. (dunno if this belongs to the next category) Maybe. I don't really know what to think of this. It depends on how it would be implemented.

Single tap Only M1 or K1 are available. First one pressed locks it to that one key. Could be interesting, but actually doesn't make a huge difference. I don't think it's a great idea to cater to certain play styles over others. From what I know, most players single tap everything 1/2 beat spaced and slower, and alternate 1/4s. This mod makes high bpm streams nearly impossible, so the only thing this mod really does is makes streams unplayable. It doesn't really affect anything else, as most players single tap anyway.

Double tap Every note must be pressed with both keys. Well, this is the same as single tap... except it's extra shitty for mouse-only players.

Alternatively, I'd recommend an Alternate mod, in which the player MUST alternate, and never press the same key twice consecutively. This would be more interesting as a mod, as most players, even those who alternate regularly, have a habit of starting on one particular key for streams or triples. This would force the player to remember which key they pressed last.

Reversed Play the map with reversed music and beatmapping lol why not
Here's another suggestion (not really a serious one, as it'd be ridiculously hard to play... just a thought): Leash The cursor is dragged behind your pointer as if connected with an invisible elastic rope, such that it arrives at the location later than your pointer. This forces the player to time their movement to be in advance of the note, and move through the objects, rather than just to them.
bigfeh
Last Stand sounds good, and so does Fireworks

I love crowded and it sounds really fun, but it's just downright evil