forum

[resolved] [Proposal - osu!catch] Adjust values for Rain CS guidelines

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Secre
Hello! This is the fifth proposal in my set of catch proposals. Each of these proposals are independent of each other for implementation, but some wordings may be interchangeable depending on whether finalized or not.

This is a very short proposal aimed towards widening the guideline values of Rain CS.

Currently the RC reads as:

Circle Size should be between 3 and 5.

I would like to change this to:

Circle Size should be between 3 and 4.5.

Currently in the history of catch there are a total of 21 Rain difficulties with a CS value over 4.5. This is a minority that can easily fall into the "breaking guidelines" category. Changing the value from 5>4.5 on this guideline will provide a more realistic higher end for mappers to be wary of.

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
ZiRoX
Agree
Greaper
Can update those to reflect the current usage more. However, the guideline is mostly to give people that are unaware of what to pick some guidance. They are not hard values people should follow. (At least this how I've always seen it)
GiGas
I agree. Also, CS of 4.5+ doesn't seem like the correct setting for an average rain unless you are trying to pull a gimmick for the whole mapset.
Rocma
can be actually 3.5~4.5 tho
same to overdose. it can also be started with 3.5
I haven't seen cs3 rain~odose much except for certain concept maps
Deif
There's a general agreement here, so it can be pushed for a PR. I'm fine with "restricting" the lower limit to 3.5 as Rocma suggested, since the general value used is really 4 or slightly below. Anything below 3.5 happens rarely.
Greaper
Okoratu
merged