forum

[invalid] I need to delete this account

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dark-Mage
Problem details:
I have been facing several difficulties irl due to this account appearing in google results due to my old attached nickname that I used here, that I stupidly used for some serious inquiries. Not going to go indepth about those issues since it would involve doxxing myself but it's mostly issues in my profesional life that are re being vulnerated by the vast amount of hours I placed here and I have no way of hiding (yes, I know this sounds stupid, and I agree, but it is how it is).
I already paid to change my nickname WAY back in the day and was hoping that the account would simply phase out of the results after prolonged use, but it doesnt seem to be the case so I have no other option than to simply ask here. I know that, for some reason, admins are really picky about what accounts they delete here, but Im running out of options and changing my nickname everywhere else is no longer an option.
So yea, If possible, I'd really like to delete this account or, at the very least, have my old nicknames removed...I assume the reason why you dont delete accounts is for some leaderboard shinenigans, but obsfuscating the name would be enough for me if thats not really an option.

Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20170222.3
Blushing
Send an email to accounts@ppy.sh explaining the situation and theyll help you out.

I want to preface that this is an irreversible action, and once done you MAY NOT BE ABLE TO RE-ENTER THE GAME. Please email with absolute certainty you want this done.

Read through this to see if anything can help before you send the email:

legal/en/Privacy#your-rights-and-control
Topic Starter
Dark-Mage
Thanks a lot but, yea, it saddens me to delete this acc but I have no choice....I will send the mail.
Ryu Sei
Alternatively, after reading at your problem, you can send email to accounts@ppy.sh to request your former nicknames to be removed instead of your entire account for that reason.

Account removal is a final decision, and you are NOT allowed to use online features anymore after that (including creating new account should you want to return). I hope this alternative solution can be a middle ground for maintaining your osu! account and real-life business matters!
Topic Starter
Dark-Mage
Yea, thats what happened in the end, they just removed my old nickname which should be enough, so you can count this one as resolved, thanks for everyone who took their time to help!.