forum

Anybody here plays controller only for CTB?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nanao7773
Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening!

I'm just curious if there is a certain number of people that plays on a controller for CTB besides me that's all.

And what button layouts do you use for that type of playstyle?

Also how far of difficulty-wise can you reach?

What mods do you like to play on beatmaps with the controller on CTB?
Nikolai
I'm the greatest controller player in osu

also playing with controller is fucking retarded just play with a keyboard
[ Sebastian ]
Why would you want to play on a controller? Granted catch may be better suited for it than standard and mania, but I cannot see how someone can go pro solely from a controller.
Topic Starter
Nanao7773

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Why would you want to play on a controller? Granted catch may be better suited for it than standard and mania, but I cannot see how someone can go pro solely from a controller.

It was more so of curiosity sake for me.

I don't plan on doing it for pro at all.

Just more casual/fun on my end.

Ah, I see!

Thank you for your insight though!

Nikolai wrote:

I'm the greatest controller player in osu

also playing with controller is fucking retarded just play with a keyboard

LOL

Planning on trying to play on the keyboard eventually.

I just want to see how far can a controller go for CTB.

And see if anyone plays it besides me that's all.

Thank you for your insight!
Kitsuka
I've tried it once for fun, it's really bad. Suit yourself, but I wouldn't recommend playing with a controller lmao
Topic Starter
Nanao7773

Kitsuka wrote:

I've tried it once for fun, it's really bad. Suit yourself, but I wouldn't recommend playing with a controller lmao
Aaah okay.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with it.

I'm semi-new here so I just want a better understanding of how people use whatever playstyle to play in.
Also, I like to get to know people too.

Yeah, it is just more of a curiosity to me and I wouldn't plan on using it for pro either but I just wanted to see people's insight into their experiences they have used it.

I just play Osu! for more of just having fun than taking it up for professional anyways since I have zero interest in doing that. I don't have time like I used to play it a whole lot. Eventually, I will learn to play on Keyboard though.

But thank you again for your insight!
Zyoulou
If you think it can be fun to give ctb a try on a controller, then give it a try (don't listen to those who say it's a bad idea :|)! Just make sure you manage to have an acceptable input delay. (There are probably a bunch of tutorials out there on how to reduce controller input lag that can work for osu!)

The only thing I'd be wary about is if you also plan to learn how to play on keyboard as you said previously, it might be quite painful to relearn a play style. It will depend on how far you go with controller, so don't stress too much about it and have fun!

oh, as the level you could reach with controller, I think 3 digits is not impossible, although complicated, glhf tho!