forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cheese
iSpR1Te
Just hover instead, otherwise you'll have to keep replacing the nibs every so often.
Topic Starter
Cheese
WolfCoder
Hovering is too weird for me, I simply learned to let it drop to the tablet yet firm enough to remain in control. Your hand won't get tired either.
Topic Starter
Cheese
Full Tablet
Hovering means not touching the tablet with the pen.
I think that most people play hovering instead of dragging (and I don't see any comfortable way to use a big area without hovering).
Topic Starter
Cheese
l
Topic Starter
Cheese
scottyyy
Search ebay for an "ipad screen protector", cut it to size and stick it to your tablet. It might be too slippery for you but it will protect your tablet surface and pen nib completely. Although it'd be better to learn to hover.
laport

scottyyy wrote:

Search ebay for an "ipad screen protector", cut it to size and stick it to your tablet. It might be too slippery for you but it will protect your tablet surface and pen nib completely. Although it'd be better to learn to hover.

I have an amazing 3M anti glare layer for ipad, it's very solid

Sancheese wrote:

Or maybe i can play with my eraser

when you hover, this actually works well, when I was playing with my mte-450 I sometimes played with the eraser for half an hour without realizing I was holding the pen upside down, so yeah
theburgerhd
there are alot of people buying that tablet now... So if they have the same problem they will post it, otherwise you do something wrong
Oinari-sama
Hovering takes time to get used to and there're many different styles out there, try them out and see which style you like the most. The biggest advantage of hovering is that you don't have to deal with friction. If you still prefer dragging, it is worth while to try reducing the force gradually as you get better at tablet play.

I started out dragging my pen, but soon switched to hovering to reduce friction. I now play by "tapping" the pen on each note (but still click with K1/K2) so it's half way between dragging and hovering.
[ Katsu ]
I now play by "tapping" the pen on each note
Do you by any chance play with a small area? I got into the habit of doing just that before I increased my tablet are. Just curious ^^
Full Tablet

[ Katsu ] wrote:

Do you by any chance play with a small area? I got into the habit of doing just that before I increased my tablet are. Just curious ^^
I play with full tablet area and I do that sometimes for spaced streams or fast jumps.
Please
your computer's probably has a problem. I've been using that tablet since 2-3 months ago, I've never countered a problem with it. get a new computer

as for your play style, play with what you're comfortable with. if you can't hover, then don't. get an iPad screen protector or something and find a way to stick on your tablet and when you drag, don't put so much force on it, it'll ruin the tablet's pressure sensitivity.

AND ONE MORE THING, there's actually 4 extra nibs on the tablet itself, you might wanna take a look behind the middle cover of the tablet, there's 4 extra nibs in it. I just need people to know about this, because they don't mention where they've put the extra nibs. I bought extra nibs off the internet before I found out there's actually nibs in the tablet itself -__-
Oinari-sama

[ Katsu ] wrote:

Ya I'm using a 99mm x 56mm box, roughly the size of a business card (and coincidentally very similar to the active area of osu!tablet)
WolfCoder
I actually like the friction, feels all tactile.