forum

[Resolved] Osu! Beatmaps keep trying to load into an old lazer version I downloaded

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlueChinchompa
Problem details: I downloaded an old version of Lazer called osu!lazer transitional b2016801.1lazer from osekai snapshots and now whenever I download a beatmap and open it, it keeps trying to import it into that even when I deleted it.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/977643168206045244-1093586333794054326-image.png

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Death
Select "Choose an app on your PC" and then find either your stable or up to date lazer exe file to use to open the file.

Alternatively, running the stable installer will probably automatically do that for you. Not sure if lazer's does, but it might be worth a shot.
Topic Starter
BlueChinchompa

Death wrote:

Select "Choose an app on your PC" and then find either your stable or up to date lazer exe file to use to open the file.

Alternatively, running the stable installer will probably automatically do that for you. Not sure if lazer's does, but it might be worth a shot.
It still doesnt work. I select my stable version and it does nothing.
Death
Did you try running the installer?
Topic Starter
BlueChinchompa

Death wrote:

Did you try running the installer?
Yes it still doesn't work.
Topic Starter
BlueChinchompa
Ended up fixing it by deleting anything related to osu map file extensions in the registry.

S/o to -koyuki- a.k.a meru