forum

Is this unfair?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
N H A T
I don't know if I'm just being a sore loser but I just feel like it's kind of unfair that some of my map files such as my background photo and the video are being taken by another set while I'm pushing mine for ranked. I've been trying to push this set for months now but no one really wants to be a bn. On the other hand, this mapper has already found two nominators (where one is practically forever closed) while their set isn't even complete. From the looks of it, their map and mine are also pretty similar.

I'm not really salty about it but I just think it kind of sucks so I want to get some of your guys' opinions on the matter.

The two maps in question:
- beatmapsets/1855090#osu/4078656
- beatmapsets/1941165#osu/4080980
lewski
on the one hand i can see why that would leave a bad taste in your mouth

on the other hand i doubt you own any of the copied assets so it's not like anything of yours was actually taken as far as i can tell

the bn situation is unfortunate but it is what it is, ranking is a social game and reform has solved it
Zelzatter Zero
the whiplash when i see what the song is lmfao

if you truly think you own those assets (which unfortunately you don't here except maybe the object arrangements) you can always file a DMCA claim against ppl infringing such.

i do see how it can irritate you tho.
Kiwahara
I don’t have anything to say about Reform taking those files but if you’re saying both mapsets are ‘pretty similar’ in terms of mapping i think you’re so wrong tbh. Everyone can check and see for themselves.
lewski
idk i didnt look at the other diffs but the top diffs are both very standard modern alt at their core
Pajarits
You can always submit a DMCA claim against individuals infringing such if you genuinely believe you own those assets (which, however, you don't here, with the possible exception of the object arrangements).
Visionary
someone stole the same files that i stole! what do i do?!
Topic Starter
N H A T

Visionary wrote:

someone stole the same files that i stole! what do i do?!
He can rank his mapset for all I care. I just wanted some input on the fact that he's using the same assets as another pending map. Pretty rude, no?

But, I understand where you are coming from. I paid for the album and all that but I'm still using videos and pictures that aren't mine :/
Aurorance
that's sad man..
Randomness64
it is what it is,i would advise you to map something else while waiting for BN's responses.

Mapping as a whole is a numbers game rn,so yeah good luck on your journey :)