forum

Uploading a Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LadyOceanNoob
Hello, everyone. I'm new to editing. I've made a beatmap with 4 difficulties.

"If I try to "Upload a Beatmap", at one of the difficulties, does the other difficulty gets uploaded too?"

I'm asking this because there's something that I don't quite understand. I've inserted 4 different background images for each difficulty, but when I was about to upload the beatmap at one of the difficulty, it says as follow :

There are files in this beatmap's directory that are not used! Do you wish to remove these?
- Files Name, etc.
( Yes / No )

That what makes me doubt uploading it, because I don't want it to be a seperate beatmap. I hope the background images will stay as it is. I can "No" it, but does it change anything? Or is there something that I do not know about?

I'm hoping a quick respond, since I can't wait to upload it. Thank you very much for the attention. Hope you all have a great day.
- Marco -
When you upload a beatmap it uploads all difficulties on the same map, check if you have correctly set the backgrounds on each diff (to do that you can grab the image into the editor while you have a difficulty open)
lewski
you can safely click no

the game mistakenly thinks the other backgrounds aren't used because it just doesn't check whether they're used in difficulties other than the one you have open when you upload the set
Zelzatter Zero
your mind should be your best judge. As lewski said, the problem here is that it doesn't bother to check if other diffs used those assets or not. Pressing No doesn't really change anything, it only confirms if you want to keep it when upload/update the set.

Multiple backgrounds in one set is absolutely fine.