posted
Total Posts
show more
Leguna

Ciunek wrote:

This game has weird naming sense
lol, double holy light
it seems someone in a rush there :lol:

btw, i'm out of town for 4 days, so i can't online looking for guild exp until then
Topic Starter
MortalBlade
Ah if only more people were active then we were already lvl 3 we only need 9 more contribution.
There are only 4 people with over 200 contribution,and they have almost 300 including me.
Jinxy
Jinxy's list of useful links
  1. Dailies at Lv50, and personal opinion on their priority - Don't have time to do everything today? Choose what's the most important to you.
  2. Daily timers - Guild Hall Eid times and Temple reset times.
  3. .bat file to set timezone to EST and start up the game for you - For certain timezones, the daily achievements get bugged because your timezone is telling the game to show tomorrow's achievements, which you can't actually do. Running this .bat file will make the game run on EST time, fixing the bugs. Also skips Aeria Ignite. Originally by Sltlelnino.
  4. Starting the game without Aeria Ignite - Skip the useless bloatware, and run the launcher directly.
  5. Rare Monsters and their key fragments - Each Rare Monster, when turned in, can each give 3 types of key fragments if you're lucky. Here's a list of which monster gives which fragment.
=====================================================================================

Previous post:

Jinxy wrote:

Is this open worldwide? No IP bans or any shit?
Ciunek
Seems so, my guild has people from Australia, Europe and Eastern Asia too.
Jinxy
Holy shit I'm fabulous when flying

Playing on Siren as a Sorcerer, IGN Hilos. No idea how to build him, though. I'm just spamming Cooldown Reduction since Sorcerer seems to be more supportive and "Mezzer"-ish. Are there any classes that can move while using skills? Might try those instead, I like movement.

Personal opinions: Pretty run-of-the-mill type MMO right now. WASD controls and the (limited) ability to move in battle is nice, after being used to stuff like GW2. Not sure if it's my connection, but jumping seems really delayed.

What do Loyalty points or whatever do? I just right click on a guy, listen to him talk crap for a bit, and bam 5 points.
Ciunek
You can buy stuff from shop (press I key) for loyalty points. Most of them not worth it, I recommend keeping the points until you have access to Eidolon Temple (or any other way to kill Eidolons, which are summons in this game) and buy+use Advanced Treasure Charm (or w/e it's called, +3 drops from next boss) for additional chance of dropping Gaia Key.
Synchrostar

Jinxy wrote:

Playing on Siren as a Sorcerer, IGN Hilos. No idea how to build him, though. I'm just spamming Cooldown Reduction since Sorcerer seems to be more supportive and "Mezzer"-ish. Are there any classes that can move while using skills? Might try those instead, I like movement.
you should put most of your points in crit, the sorcs' skills have a generally low cooldown so there's no need to stack cd. Most of your skills have a DoT as well, and they scale pretty well with crit. In case you're using your sub-class' skills a lot, you might want to put a few points into spd, otherwise try to stay around 10% cooldown for it'll proc the DoTs faster as well at 0.9s (which is the max rate at which it procs) instead of 1.0s
[Maid] NekoRyo
Yay so osu has a guild on Aura \:D/ i will join it~ my class is a grenadier currently lvl 29 atm
Jinxy
Wait, there are sub-classes? Well that makes my decisions twice as hard. Gotta read up while the servers are down I guess.

So do you only get certain skills from your sub or do you get everything, but with a higher CD?
Ciunek
You get every skill from your subclass (starting level40, final skill at lvl55) with higher CD. Also, some combinations of class+subclass (i.e. bard+sorcerer, bard+wizard) allow you to pick skills from the envoy's path, like Attack, Def or Evasion buffs.
Jinxy
Ok, I'll probably go Sorc/Bard then, for the bit more support. I hit Lv10, but I'll request to be in the guild tomorrow, getting pretty late here.

Also, is the flying ability a Serif (blond boy)-only ability or something? It's so much faster than riding and I'm confused as to why no one's using it, though I did notice everyone's using the pink girl as their Eidolon.
Professor Prinny
No Jinxy, Glide is available to all players when they hit lv 10 < Got corrected.
Also Guardian/Bard makes an awesome solo tank so it's a good class combo to try when they implement survival mode at a later date.
Ciunek
Gliding is available for all characters. People don't use it because either they suck, or they don't know about it. Pink Eidolon is quite nice to use because she has heals btw.

Professor Prinny wrote:

No Jinxy, Glide is available to all players when they hit lv 10.
Wrong. It's available when you get the shining ball after drinking potion from the doctor in woods.
Professor Prinny

Ciunek wrote:

Gliding is available for all characters. People don't use it because either they suck, or they don't know about it. Pink Eidolon is quite nice to use because she has heals btw.

Professor Prinny wrote:

No Jinxy, Glide is available to all players when they hit lv 10.
Wrong. It's available when you get the shining ball after drinking potion from the doctor in woods.
Oh was it? x_x I've gone so far now that I forgot *facepalm*
Jinxy
Ah, found the osu guild. Setting up chat is kinda a pain, I wonder why the default is made to include so much stuff like tradespam. I have it set to 3 tabs now: All chats except Trade, Trade, and Whisper.

How do you get guild funds? I got 3 from the lv20 3-man dungeon (which we hilariously blitzed through with like no damage to anyone), but nothing else is giving me any more.

Also, is it just me or are some of the daily quests bugged? I can't seem to clear some, like the one about collecting ghost peppers.
Professor Prinny

Jinxy wrote:

Ah, found the osu guild. Setting up chat is kinda a pain, I wonder why the default is made to include so much stuff like tradespam. I have it set to 3 tabs now: All chats except Trade, Trade, and Whisper.

How do you get guild funds? I got 3 from the lv20 3-man dungeon (which we hilariously blitzed through with like no damage to anyone), but nothing else is giving me any more.

Also, is it just me or are some of the daily quests bugged? I can't seem to clear some, like the one about collecting ghost peppers.
The daily bulletin board quests give out some guild funds, as do the party dungeon quests (I'm sure those are daily as well).
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh yeah if the osu guild is level 4 or has yet to become level 4 then here are the Eidolon summoning times for the guild hall (Written in 24h format):
If your timezone isn't here then compare to one which is close to yours. Servertime is EST (GMT -5)

PST (GMT -8)
PST (GMT-8)

Due to Timezone differences, the days may NOT match with the ingame EST days and will be written on the correct day below, keep that in mind.

Monday

09:00 Kotonoha
14:00 Kotonoha
19:00 Kotonoha

Tuesday

22:00 Hydra (on Monday Evening)
09:00 Aelius
12:00 Hydra
14:00 Aelius
17:00 Hydra
19:00 Aelius

Wednesday

09:00 Bel-Chandra
14:00 Bel-Chandra
19:00 Bel-Chandra

Thursday

22:00 Yarnaros (on Wednesday Evening)
09:00 Gigas
12:00 Yarnaros
14:00 Gigas
17:00 Yarnaros
19:00 Gigas

Friday

22:00 Bahadur (on Thursday Evening)
09:00 Sigrun
12:00 Bahadur
14:00 Sigrun
17:00 Bahadur
19:00 Sigrun

Saturday

22:00 Tigerius (on Friday Evening)
09:00 Uzuriel
12:00 Tigerius
14:00 Uzuriel
17:00 Tigerius
19:00 Uzuriel

Sunday

22:00 Vayu (on Saturday Evening)
09:00 Eligos
12:00 Vayu
14:00 Eligos
17:00 Vayu
19:00 Eligos
EST (GMT -5) (Servertime)
EST (GMT-5)

Monday

12:00 Kotonoha
17:00 Kotonoha
22:00 Kotonoha

Tuesday

01:00 Hydra
12:00 Aelius
15:00 Hydra
17:00 Aelius
20:00 Hydra
22:00 Aelius

Wednesday

12:00 Bel-Chandra
17:00 Bel-Chandra
22:00 Bel-Chandra

Thursday

01:00 Yarnaros
12:00 Gigas
15:00 Yarnaros
17:00 Gigas
20:00 Yarnaros
22:00 Gigas

Friday

01:00 Bahadur
12:00 Sigrun
15:00 Bahadur
17:00Sigrun
20:00 Bahadur
22:00 Sigrun

Saturday

01:00 Tigerius
12:00 Uzuriel
15:00 Tigerius
17:00 Uzuriel
20:00 Tigerius
22:00 Uzuriel

Sunday

01:00 Vayu
12:00 Eligos
15:00 Vayu
17:00 Eligos
20:00 Vayu
22:00 Eligos
GMT +0 (London)
GMT +0 (London)
Due to Timezone differences, the days may NOT match with the ingame EST days and will be written on the correct day below, keep that in mind.

Monday

17:00 Kotonoha
22:00 Kotonoha
03:00 Kotonoha (Tuesday Morning

Tuesday

06:00 Hydra
17:00 Aelius
20:00 Hydra
22:00 Aelius
01:00 Hydra (Wednesday Morning)
03:00 Aelius (Wednesday Morning)

Wednesday

17:00 Bel-Chandra
22:00 Bel-Chandra
03:00 Bel-Chandra (Thursday Morning)

Thursday

06:00 Yarnaros
17:00 Gigas
20:00 Yarnaros
22:00 Gigas
01:00 Yarnaros (Friday Morning)
03:00 Gigas (Friday Morning)

Friday

06:00 Bahadur
17:00 Sigrun
20:00 Bahadur
22:00Sigrun
01:00 Bahadur (Saturday Morning)
03:00 Sigrun (Saturday Morning)

Saturday

06:00 Tigerius
17:00 Uzuriel
20:00 Tigerius
22:00 Uzuriel
01:00 Tigerius (Sunday Morning)
03:00 Uzuriel (Sunday Morning)

Sunday

06:00 Vayu
17:00 Eligos
20:00 Vayu
22:00 Eligos
01:00 Vayu (Monday Morning
03:00 Eligos (Monday Morning)
GMT +8 (Singapore)
GMT +8 (Singapore)

Monday

01:00 Kotonoha (Tuesday)
06:00 Kotonoha (Tuesday)
11:00 Kotonoha (Tuesday)

Tuesday

14:00 Hydra
01:00 Aelius (Wednesday)
04:00 Hydra (Wednesday)
06:00 Aelius (Wednesday)
09:00 Hydra (Wednesday)
11:00 Aelius (Wednesday)

Wednesday

01:00 Bel-Chandra (Thursday)
06:00 Bel-Chandra (Thursday)
11:00 Bel-Chandra (Thursday)

Thursday

14:00 Yarnaros
01:00 Gigas (Friday)
04:00 Yarnaros (Friday)
06:00 Gigas (Friday)
09:00 Yarnaros (Friday)
11:00 Gigas (Friday)

Friday

14:00 Bahadur
01:00 Sigrun (Saturday)
04:00 Bahadur (Saturday)
06:00Sigrun (Saturday)
09:00 Bahadur (Saturday)
11:00 Sigrun (Saturday)

Saturday

14:00 Tigerius
01:00 Uzuriel (Sunday)
04:00 Tigerius (Sunday)
06:00 Uzuriel (Sunday)
09:00 Tigerius (Sunday)
11:00 Uzuriel (Sunday)

Sunday

14:00 Vayu
01:00 Eligos (Monday)
04:00 Vayu (Monday)
06:00 Eligos (Monday)
09:00 Vayu (Monday)
11:00 Eligos (Monday)

This is just some information compiled from soapcommando from my guild (Moonlight Sonata). Credit goes to him.
Topic Starter
MortalBlade
You can get contribution (guild exp) by doing dimensional hall you get 3 guild exp from it (it's that 3-man dungeon you did) you can only do it 1/day ;fame quests which you can get from the bulleting board ,they give 10 guild exp and you can do 5/day;you can also do quests for instances,they give 10 guild exp and you can do every quests you have for a instance.
At low lvl you get very little guild exp but at higher lvl you get quite a lot.
I myself am currently lvl 48 and get around 83 guild in 1 day.

Also those who are going to join the guild please give us you ign so that we know who you are.
Jinxy
Almost lv 30 now. Are the lv25 Eidolons randomized, or is it always Sigrun?

This game definitely feels a lot more forgiving than the average MMO. Fortifications still do something even if they fail, and I assume equipment can't explode or something. Secret Stones are more like extra equipment instead of Sockets, since they aren't permanently installed and don't break.

Story-wise, it's not exactly the shining example of an RPG story. The pacing is kinda silly. You're still trying to find a way to separate your eidolon at lv30, never mind that you got like 20 of those levels with its help, and evem got a second eidolon 5 levels ago.

Also, I see a few lv45s just stand around and a bunch of chests or boxes just spawn around them. What are they doing?
Leguna

Jinxy wrote:

This game definitely feels a lot more forgiving than the average MMO. Fortifications still do something even if they fail, and I assume equipment can't explode or something. Secret Stones are more like extra equipment instead of Sockets, since they aren't permanently installed and don't break.

Story-wise, it's not exactly the shining example of an RPG story. The pacing is kinda silly. You're still trying to find a way to separate your eidolon at lv30, never mind that you got like 20 of those levels with its help, and evem got a second eidolon 5 levels ago.

Also, I see a few lv45s just stand around and a bunch of chests or boxes just spawn around them. What are they doing?

it's always Sigrun i believe, if there was other Eidolon i would love to have Kotonoha :P

and i have to agree, this MMO is rather forgiving like you said, unlike previous MMO i played. so it was intended for fun play without stressing over virtual items when you lost it ( like when fail at enchanting LOL ).

about that lv 45s, either they don't care or they were bots or their inventory simply full, i don't know :roll:
Ciunek

Jinxy wrote:

In original version you had a choice between Sigrun and I think Uzuriel. American publishers being dirty jews however, removed the choice and put Uzu in cash shop (for fragments, not a whole key LOL). She's still available from Eidolon Temple and guild spawns though. Same thing when you get Gigas btw, in original ver you had a choice, removed here again.

Jinxy wrote:

Game can get bit harder if you don't have a way to self-sustain, like some healing. Only your weapon can break, but you probably won't notice until you get till lv50 or so, when you usually stick with one weapon for a bit longer

Jinxy wrote:

They're botting for items. Those chests around them that you can't pick up mean that their equipments are full and mobs just drop items on the ground for later pickup.
Topic Starter
MortalBlade
It would be fun if there are more active people in the guild.
There are only 3 people with 400+ contibution.
And 2 with 500+ contribution.(Leguna and me)
Leguna
should we advertise recruitment then? i know it beats the purpose of being osu guild, but we need more people so to speak ( just a suggestion )
Jinxy
The game's still quite new, I think most people are still trying to level to where they can do stuff for guild funds.

Dabbled in the Ravager for a bit, and I already used half of my first HP potions by Lv14. For comparison, I used like 2 of the first HP potion before I outgrew them on my Sorcerer. Sorcerer's sustain is pretty insane.

Other than Sorc, what other classes abuse DoT? I almost feel being a sub-Bard would be kinda a waste for my Sorc. Does the guild have enough Bards?
Professor Prinny

Jinxy wrote:

The game's still quite new, I think most people are still trying to level to where they can do stuff for guild funds.

Dabbled in the Ravager for a bit, and I already used half of my first HP potions by Lv14. For comparison, I used like 2 of the first HP potion before I outgrew them on my Sorcerer. Sorcerer's sustain is pretty insane.

Other than Sorc, what other classes abuse DoT? I almost feel being a sub-Bard would be kinda a waste for my Sorc. Does the guild have enough Bards?
Duellist/Sorc go well together since Duelist is a melee DoT damage dealer and they can take advantage of extra lifesteals.
Jinxy
lol I saw you, then I tried to talk to you and you logged off :(

Went Sorc/Bard anyway. The extended CD makes Sorc/Duel near unusuable imo, Sorcs are better as the subclass if going for DoT damage. The tons of heals Bard gets allows me cycle through them so the effect isn't as bad.

...Though, I've used the Bard's starting skills like once. The Sorc's skills can be easily cycled so there's not much need to use Bard attacks at all.
Professor Prinny
Oh damn I must've missed you then (That and I was on my Guild chat tab).
I logged off since I need to go to my piano lesson now XD so we can probably meet up again later if you want.
Jinxy
Do guilds have limited slots? I wonder if my alt could join because I'm planning to grind her to 40 and get keys to evolve Sigrun and Gigas.

For those who do the Eidolon fighting thing every 6 hours, have you guys had any unique drops that aren't the shards and crests? Wondering if they could drop key fragments or even the whole key itself
Ciunek
Guilds have limited slots, 95 being maximum at level 5. All Eidolons (Guild, Temple, Skandia, Field spawns) have small chance to drop key fragment and even smaller chance to drop entire key. You just need to get -really- lucky. Sometimes they drop costumes and yellow/rare items too.
Jinxy
Does a guild member need to confirm me or something to make my rank 4 instead of "New Member"? My IGN is Hilos and Ignia, Ignia's my alt so if there not enough space, tell me and I could make her leave the guild
Ciunek
Rank can be only raised by people with proper rights, whoever is set to have them in your guild, so yes, you need to get someone to change it for you.
neonat
Am thinking of trying this with my friend next weekend lol. Have it downloaded today! aha.
Jinxy
Yay! Join a fellow SGean :D
neonat
Haha, will tell you when I try it out.
Topic Starter
MortalBlade
Idk if its a lucky account but i got a key fragment in otherworld:skandia on first try and got 2 rare crafting items in 15 minutes.
Usually i get very little luck on these things XD
Leguna
oh derp, i met that eidolon in skandia too
but as usual, always got crest and 10-loyalties ticket :roll:
btw, where can i get Comet accessories? never got it until now
Ciunek
I think Comet set drops from Eidolons at random (as unidentified Yellow items). Also I wish Skandia was as lucky for me as it is for you guys, I'm barely getting any eidos there :(
Professor Prinny
Try getting a tank to aggro all the bunnies to the entrance. It's pretty funny XD
Ciunek

Professor Prinny wrote:

Try getting a tank bard to aggro all the bunnies to the entrance. It's pretty funny XD
Fixed that for you :P Bards are usually the ones more efficient at it, since good hp and self-sustain. Being one myself I know how good it feels to pull entire Skandia right to the entrance.
Jinxy
Oh, a bard, I have a question. Are your first two healing skills AoE or single-target? I've seen bards AoE with the 2nd skill (HoT that stacks 3 times), but as a sub-bard it's only single target and it is a pain in the ass when I end up doing full time bard duty
Ciunek
First skill is single target only. HoT is AoE ONLY if you use the Bard as PRIMARY class, meaning you won't be able to use it efficiently as sub (and you shouldn't be doing full time bard duty anyway being a sub bard).
show more