forum

How do I update a beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[- ItzFqren -]
I made 1 difficulty then went to bed since it was late, then I woke up, remapped it, made some more difficulties and now I cannot upload it, it saying that its not my beatmap, I downloaded the music from youtube, and I do not know the issue. If it helps, it Harumachi Clover, Im new to mapping so I wanted to do something short for my first map and I decided to do this. Can anyone help me?
[[[[[[
How did you create the new difficulties? Did you go to File > Save as new difficulty or did you literally create a new .osu diff in the map's folder? If you did the later, copy your original diff's name (it should be in the format of Artist - Title (Mapper) [Diff name]), then rename your broken difficulties with that (except change the [Diff name] to the difficulty's name), it should prob fix it?

Or maybe you changed the "Creator" part of the map's metadata without noticing it? Remember that the Creator tab must be the exact same thing as your username if you wanna upload the map
Topic Starter
[- ItzFqren -]

dPeace wrote:

How did you create the new difficulties? Did you go to File > Save as new difficulty or did you literally create a new .osu diff in the map's folder? If you did the later, copy your original diff's name (it should be in the format of Artist - Title (Mapper) [Diff name]), then rename your broken difficulties with that (except change the [Diff name] to the difficulty's name), it should prob fix it?

Or maybe you changed the "Creator" part of the map's metadata without noticing it? Remember that the Creator tab must be the exact same thing as your username if you wanna upload the map
I used the new difficulty option in the editor, but I solved my problem, apparently I forgot that I had changed my osu name after making the map, therefore it saying it wasnt mine.