forum

7k Help???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HR2
I wanna start learning 7 key, but I feel like I'm cognitively disabled when trying to play it, even below 1 star maps are challenging. Wtf am I doing HELP!
midgy
could maybe try adjusting scroll speed and/or hitobject size but it's mostly just building muscle memory for each key at that point so nothing anyone can really say except play more :/
there should be lots of maps around 1 star ranked for you to try, don't worry about if you're doing poorly you gotta start somewhere
Stickman92
Yay, someone actually wanna learn 7k. A rarity indeed. Some tips from my retired butt.

1.Have a decent 7k skin, I used "O2Jam U Ultimate (HD) - Skin" when I first started 7k.

2. Low scroll speed = more time to read and process notes
Can increase it as you get more comfortable with 7k.

3.The brain just gotta learn the controls & build those neural pathways for 7k. Basically, muscle memory.

It only takes about 20hrs of practice to get decent at something for alot of things, 7k is included. That's about 3-6 weeks if you play 30min-1hr a day.

Avg song length 2min. 30 songs in 1hr gameplay. 600 songs over 20hrs gameplay.

4. Be patient. Don't be afraid to be bad. You'll see fairly quick improvements. I probably spent 2-3 months playing songs under 2*

Personally I enjoyed being bad at the game so much, I learnt to do 7k with just my left hand.

TLDR: be patient, play more (atleast 20hrs) and you'll git gud.

Goodluck. Have fun with 7k.

PS: check out that pinned osumania guide by Drace, the beginner section.
community/forums/topics/146615?n=1
Topic Starter
HR2

Stickman92 wrote:

Yay, someone actually wanna learn 7k. A rarity indeed. Some tips from my retired butt.
WTF 7k with your left hand thats f***** up
Nene Sakura
Topic Starter
HR2
Bro thanks for all the help everyone, this is why i luv osu game 50|50
[DJ]Robsao
Also don't play New world
Topic Starter
HR2

[DJ]Robsao wrote:

Also don't play New world
is this a pp reference??