forum

[invalid] A Mod to lower HP drain?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ForestRunner
Heh, I'm not much of a forum person, but while I was playing this really irritated me. Perhaps there could be a mod to slow down the HP drain? There are some beatmaps(yes, they are ranked) that are currently too difficult for me because of the HP drain.

I know, I could just turn on Easy, but that also makes the hitcircles larger and reduces the amount of accuracy you need. I'm not too worried about the reduced accuracy, since mine is obviously not that good if I can't pass the song. It's the larger hitcircles that deter me from using it. It just seems like too much help. I know I could put No Fail on instead, but that won't help me know if I'm actually doing decent since I won't be able to...y'know...fail. I know, I know. That sounded very contradictory. I just want a challenge without failing 30seconds into the song. If my accuracy is really that bad, I'd rather fail a minute into it. At least that way I can enjoy a part of the song instead of repeating the intro over and over. XD
[BAR] Rei
There can't be a billion mods. I like the idea, but I think there must be an equivalent solution without making a whole new mod for that. Maybe nerfing the EZ mod. I've been thinking for a long time that EZ was too extreme and was often more of a handicap than a help at all (when there's a fast tempo, the screen gets filled with hitcircles within 5 seconds, and it's more confusing than helpful)
Oinari-sama
Just use NF and look at the graph at the Result screen. If you see a flat bottom then you know you've failed (and remember the position of this line, this is the real "0 HP" position and whenever the line touches here it means that you've failed).
Your Good Self
You could save a new difficulty (via the editor) and lower the HP drain on that difficulty.

Granted it's unranked, but at least it helps you get exactly what you want.
Seijiro
I support Your Good Self's idea. I can't see any other options if you don't want to use NF nor EZ, and I don't think peppy would implement this (my personal opinion)
Topic Starter
ForestRunner
Thanks for the feedback guys! :) Wish I had been able to reply sooner...

Nerfing the easy mod would be nice to see. It's meant to help, but as THE_GHOST said, in fast songs the three second pause whenever the HP bar hits zero causes more confusion than it does help...guess it's not important enough to pursue any further, though.

I should probably suck it up and use NF, but Your Good Self had a good idea. I was worried it wouldn't work if I wanted to play with someone, but I never thought of saving it as a new difficulty. Thank you! That works perfectly!

Yeah, you're probably right [-MrSergio-]. Still, it can't hurt to ask. :)
deadbeat
maybe just support this t/56606
gonna deny