forum

Rate the mapping technique - Round 6: Triangle beats

posted
Total Posts

Rate on a scale of 1 to 5 (Read post before answering)

5 - Love them!
45.73%
35.68%
15.58%
2.51%
1 - Hate them!
0.50%
Total votes: 199
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Round 6: Triangle beats

These are simply beats arranged in a triangle! A very common mapping technique. The order to hit the 3 beats can vary and the 'size' of the triangle can range from really close, to all the way across the map.

Current Nominations:
Kickstream
Blanket Combos
Zig-zag Sliders (the normal kind)

Nomination requirements:
1. (Optional) A name for the technique (it can be an official name or one you make up)
2. An accurate description of the technique (or alternatively, a screenshot of the technique)
3. A ranked map that has the technique so I can see it in action.
Starrodkirby86
These beats are cool when used nicely, which is mostly. A treat. 5. :D

I'm all for the Blanket combo. >3< (Looking in your nominations)
K2J
I like Triangle Beats. They were integral for some of my earlier maps, and it's a very quickly-turning motion to pull off, as well.
Daru
1/8th very close triangle beats are the death of me. :< (Sakura [Insane])
I've only recently learned how to cope with them, and with the more spaced out ones, I'm more or less indifferent.

2, overall.
mm201
4ed. Use them and like them all the time, but this is pretty basic/obvious stuff, nothing really special.
anonymous_old
I have no real opinion on these so I won't vote.

(I don't think I've consciously seen one before.)
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
arien666
In EBA,these notes are good XD
And I like these notes :3

So, 5 points XD
Doomsday
good most of the time, unless its some fast 1/8 triplet thing, then it starts to annoy me

4'd
Wojjan
I'm just meh about these. I like 'em when they really get a flow going, but most of the time they don't even stand out.
Mogsy
This is a nice technique and is easy to pull off correctly. 4 because like everything, there are huge ways to screw it up, but it's simplicity makes it such an easy technique to use.
eee
I don't really know if this is a mapping technique, feels more to me like some random patter, oh well.
these are okay, nothing wrong, nothing too good.
I'll give it a 4
Seibei4211
I'm with eee; I didn't know this was a mapping technique either. I must use this in half the maps I do nowadays.
awp
I also don't really consider this a technique, more of a very basic pattern. Still, I use it a lot.
SteRRuM
3, It's ok but not so good :P
Kitsunemimi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
PandaCath
As long as you don't overuse triangle patterns, i.e. just for very emphasized triplet endings or places, it is A+ to me.
Wojjan
MegaManEXE
I really liked the triangle part in this: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7865

Otherwise it's just not even really a special technique imo, just standard mapping fare
Xgor
A good example of overusing triangle patterns....
Anyway i voted 3 because i find them very unexciting but at least it rarely make the map worse.
show more