forum

Kid Icarus - Underworld

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darius Ukugagi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, February 04, 2008 at 9:27:58 AM

Artist: Kid Icarus
Title: Underworld
BPM: 149.96
Filesize: 1904kb
Play Time: 02:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.28 stars, 137 notes)
Download: Kid Icarus - Underworld
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, it's my first Beatmap ever, and I decided to use the Underworld song from the cult classic Kid Icarus, a game from the NES days. It's a bit on the easy side, and you'll probably be getting 300s like crazy, but hopefully this'll teach me how to make it better and harder.

Also, to note, I drew the BG myself, and I hope you enjoy it, it was all drawn from memory(I haven't played the game in a little less than a year), but I do hope you find it a nice BG for playing on.

Criticism is crucial, it'll help me be a better beatmapper.

Edit: Fixed green 5 at 1:11:94
Set BPM to 149.96, Offset 288
Added a Hit Marker to the string between 1:17:50-1:20:70

Edit2: Set Offset to 336
Lengthened the song by at least half a minute
Replaced most spinners with sliders
EiJi
Green five @ 01.11.94: Big no-no. Space it closer to green four.

Songs lacks an ending. That is to say, it doesn't feel like it has ended when it has. But that's a personal thing.

Offset: 288
BPM: 149.96

Select all notes on the timeline and drag them to the left to match the new timing.

Then since the BPM changed, go over your sliders, adjust the length so that they're accurate.

After this, I think it'll be rankable. We'll see. Very good work on your first map. Great background, too.

'd.
MegaTailzChao
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy

Darius Ukugagi wrote:

Do I increase the BPM to add faster Hit Markers?
Nonono, you change the Snap Divisor slider in the top-right corner of the editor.

I found an offset of 336 to be better... does anyone agree?
As for the beatmap - it works. Maybe a few too many repeat sliders.
YoshiKart
I think this is pretty rankable right now. Maybe it just needs a slightly harder difficulty? :P

Nice handdrawn picture. I think it's excellent; works well. :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.