forum

Question about reuploading someone else's map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jkzu123
A friend of mine has asked me to reupload their map and I have a couple of questions (mainly because I want to avoid trouble that I might be making without me being aware lol).
I've seen a lot of people reupload other people's maps with their permission so I assume that's allowed? (Correct me if I'm wrong). My main question is however:

If I reupload someone else's map and I had no part in making or even helping in it, is trying to get it ranked, get a BN or anything on that direction allowed?

The person that made the map wanted to get a BN for it, but I am not sure if that's allowed or not which is why I am asking here. Thanks!
elexire
The ranking criteria states, "A beatmap host must have beatmapped equal or more difficulties than any guest difficulty creator.", which means if you're trying to rank a map entirely made by someone else, it is not allowed.

Assuming you've got full permission to upload and rank the other persons map, you could make your own diff in order to match the drain time, making it rankable. I assume this is a single difficulty set, but if the other person made two diffs, you'd have to make two diffs yourself, and so on.
Hoshimegu Mio
Why did said person ask you to upload? Is that person restricted?

Also it would be rendered unrankable as credit must be due where credit should be due.