forum

Some problems about timing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blackblock_inc
As the title says, I am very fond of this song, but I cannot find it on OSU. Therefore, I decided to make it myself. "But I encountered a problem with timing, and I'm not sure if the BPM I set up is correct, because when I tested, I discovered some strange things.". The second question is how do I delete the difficulties that I have already uploaded, as it prompts me that there are still 4 uploads left. Thank you for helping me answer these questions.

This is my beatmap : beatmapsets/1959079#osu/4059410 -Normal

And I need to delete this : beatmapsets/1352011#osu/2798947 -Easy
Zelzatter Zero
the bpm is fine, tho i personally want to set the offset 6ms earlier.

for duplicate maps, you can contact GMT to have them remove the dupe whilst it's still in pending, but since the one you wanna delete is now graveyarded, you can delete it yourself by going to the Discussion tab at the top left of said map page, and scroll down a bit to see the Delete button and click on them.
Topic Starter
Blackblock_inc

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

the bpm is fine, tho i personally want to set the offset 6ms earlier.

for duplicate maps, you can contact GMT to have them remove the dupe whilst it's still in pending, but since the one you wanna delete is now graveyarded, you can delete it yourself by going to the Discussion tab at the top left of said map page, and scroll down a bit to see the Delete button and click on them.
thank you! Solved my doubts. Your reply was very professional and useful to me. I have deleted the difficulty of eazy. For normal difficulty, should I keep it as it is, or should I place notes after the sound appears, because playing with autoplay still sounds strange.
Zelzatter Zero
Since the timing is alright enough, all needed sounds will always land on the ticks on the timeline at the top of the editor. You should pay attention to that so that you can decide where to arrange things, like rn I can see you ends the slider way too early than it should assumed to be there.
Topic Starter
Blackblock_inc

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Since the timing is alright enough, all needed sounds will always land on the ticks on the timeline at the top of the editor. You should pay attention to that so that you can decide where to arrange things, like rn I can see you ends the slider way too early than it should assumed to be there.
thank you! I tried to set the offset value to 1910 (6 ms earlier), but the first beat of the metronome couldn't coincide with the first tone (a bit earlier). Is there any advantage in having the first beat of the metronome precede the first tone? I don't know much about it. "It just sounds worse. Can I continue to maintain 1916, or delay it for 4 ms to make it a bit behind the first tone (perhaps more consistent with human auditory delay)?"
Zelzatter Zero
again, this is my personal suggestion. The timing itself is fine as is.

the main reason your play still sounds off now is that you tend to put objects on wrong tick. Look at the top of the editor and you can see the timeline. Assuming the snap divisor is 1/4, the general guide is that the strongest sounds will tend to go to white tick-the biggest one out of the bunch, then the red tick, and then the blue one. You can check said timeline to know which tick is which.

look back at your map, I can see you also put some objects on blue ticks, where there's no sound represent instead of white or red, resulting in map being desynced a lot no matter how much you try to change bpm and offset. try to adjust them properly and you'll see some difference.
Topic Starter
Blackblock_inc

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

again, this is my personal suggestion. The timing itself is fine as is.

the main reason your play still sounds off now is that you tend to put objects on wrong tick. Look at the top of the editor and you can see the timeline. Assuming the snap divisor is 1/4, the general guide is that the strongest sounds will tend to go to white tick-the biggest one out of the bunch, then the red tick, and then the blue one. You can check said timeline to know which tick is which.

look back at your map, I can see you also put some objects on blue ticks, where there's no sound represent instead of white or red, resulting in map being desynced a lot no matter how much you try to change bpm and offset. try to adjust them properly and you'll see some difference.
Sorry to have taken up so much of your time. "I'm reviewing my map carefully, and although there won't be frequent updates in the near future, I'm really working hard to learn about how to make a map."

I have learned that my timing is good enough, and I should start with how to edit it.

Finally, thank you for making osu better!