forum

[Solved] Help me find a mentor :3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mouse_
I'm looking for someone who will be able to help me improve my mapping.

I'm ready to:

Be open to any critic
Be online almost all day
Voice anytime (it's a no unless I play league because I'm sitting in voice with friends)
Map anything mentor says
Be patient and not fuck your DM-s

What I expect from mentor:

To feedback me on every single map I send(it should be mapper mod I'm not interested in a map mod)
Be extremely harsh and unforgiving when it comes to mapping
Be able to voice at least once a week
Have some free time so I don't have to wait weeks for feedback

What kind of person I am:
I like mapping because strangely enough I find it good fun?
Love talking with people
Most of the time I'm high and I always have a good mood
READY TO MAP ANYTIME (Unless I'm bored of it)

Now, I'd like to ask you guys to link me every Mentor's profile you know.

P.S. Don't respond with "I can take you as an unofficial mentee" it's a big NO from me.

Thanks!

Update: I already got a mentor. So let's be friend and roast me down below for posting this in forum ⚡☠️
lewski
how did you just write an entire mentor solicitation and then also say that people shouldn't tell you they want to mentor you
Topic Starter
Mouse_

lewski wrote:

how did you just write an entire mentor solicitation and then also say that people shouldn't tell you they want to mentor you
Maybe I didn't choose the right words fot it... The unofficial mentoring is the thing I went through couple of times, however in the end mentor always ends up ignoring my Dm-s and and not responding even when I just say Hi (happened to me 2 times). I know some official mentees of cycle and sursum they don't really seem to have same problem as me.

That's what I meant by *Official*
DeletedUser_13957006
ok so, let me see if i'm getting this right:

1. you're trying to find a mentor by asking in one of the most unpopulated places of the entire community

2. you're asking for people to reach to you instead of you reaching to them, which will basically yield you zero results since you should be the one trying to prove your worth to potential mentors, not the opposite

3. if you want a mentor from the official mentorship program or sursum or whatever, why not just apply as a mentee for them, instead of asking here? it's as easy as joining the respective server, finding the form link, and then filling the application (and hope you actually find a mentor).

there are a lot of better ways to find someone to help you improve at mapping, and this is not one of them

tl;dr this thread does nothing for you
HR2
just ask random mappers for advice, most of the time they'll respond with some pretty constructive feedback.
Topic Starter
Mouse_

aiq wrote:

ok so, let me see if i'm getting this right:

1. you're trying to find a mentor by asking in one of the most unpopulated places of the entire community

2. you're asking for people to reach to you instead of you reaching to them, which will basically yield you zero results since you should be the one trying to prove your worth to potential mentors, not the opposite

3. if you want a mentor from the official mentorship program or sursum or whatever, why not just apply as a mentee for them, instead of asking here? it's as easy as joining the respective server, finding the form link, and then filling the application (and hope you actually find a mentor).

there are a lot of better ways to find someone to help you improve at mapping, and this is not one of them

tl;dr this thread does nothing for you
Kind of disagree as this post already got me mentor... Gonna close this now