yes
50.00%
no
50.00%
Total votes: 4
Polling ended
Topic Starter
frags30fps
there are beatmaps that have good songs and popular songs that hook new players i think that if someone made the songs that have a large following easy then new players would start playing osu!
nominomu
first of all, this type of thread should go in Mapping Discussion, not Beatmap Projects

and yes, people do make easy beatmaps! all rankable maps under 3:30 in length will have a normal difficulty, which is easy enough for beginners to play. some maps have an easy difficulty as well. but don't expect mappers to make easy/normal difficulties for songs over 4:15 in length, because mappers tend to start their spreads with insanes/experts or create a single-diff set for longer songs. you can learn why in the ranking criteria
Sies
Moved from Beatmap Projects
AnimeStyle
The thing is people are lazy and at certain length threshholds people can just opt to not map a normal. And easy is only required if BNs consider the normal to be too difficult for beginners - but that rarely happens nowdays.
Either that or they don't like simplifying songs too much.

I love mapping easy and beginner diffis, but the problem with me is that I don't jive with most of the songs that are really popular on osu.
I AM VERY SMART
Making easy beatmaps is way funnier than making hardly complex maps imo