forum

[duplicate] New mod in the continuity of PF and SD

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[BAR] Rei
Hello everybody,
It came to my mind I'd like to be able to know when there's no way for me to beat my High-Score so I can just start over.
I propose a mod that would do just that could be implemented.
I'm not sure I'm making any sense so I'll reformulate :
How about a mod that would make you restart / fail as soon as there's no way for you to beat your High-Score?
There's the problem of how to measure the maximum score potentially delivered by a spinner ; but it can be fixed by setting the theoretical spinning speed limit to 477 RPM (that's the maximum rotation speed when Auto mod is enabled). I have never seen anyone go over that speed ; but if that's still not enough, I guess it can be raised a little.
I'll stop ranting now.

PS: I've searched thoroughly and haven't found any duplicates, so please don't get mad at me if you find some.
FrzR
No thanks.
deadbeat

Fr33z3R wrote:

No thanks.
DenoisoGoiso

Fr33z3R wrote:

No thanks.
Topic Starter
[BAR] Rei
Well, F***. You can stop quoting Fr33z3R now, I think everyone got the idea.
OK.
Long version:
This idea is only technically achievable. Practically, retrying for a lot of times would only make your performance on the map going: worse, so if you wanna beat your high score, be strong enough and overtake it with less than 5 trials. That's why the retry if you can't beat your high score mod won't help.
As for the spinner, yes, the speed limit is 477 rpm. You can see it won't exceed 477 even with this:

Short version:

Fr33z3R wrote:

No thanks.
Full Tablet

B-52 wrote:

This idea is only theoretically achievable. Practically, retrying for a lot of times would only make your performance on the map going: worse, so if you wanna beat your high score, be strong enough and overtake it with less than 5 trials. That's why the retry if you can't beat your high score mod won't help.
Why would retrying make your performance worse?

Full Tablet wrote:

B-52 wrote:

This idea is only theoretically achievable. Practically, retrying for a lot of times would only make your performance on the map going: worse, so if you wanna beat your high score, be strong enough and overtake it with less than 5 trials. That's why the retry if you can't beat your high score mod won't help.
Why would retrying make your performance worse?
Retrying for less than 10 times at most won't hurt that bad, but if you retry for around 30 times, when you're focusing on the hard parts where you always break combo or have bad accuracy, you're gonna make mistakes on some random easy parts. Keeping on retrying means you're struggling, and if you keep on doing this, you're gonna be exhausted within 100 trials. This works universally despite some exceptions.
Topic Starter
[BAR] Rei
Games are about fun ; not just rank. I like to beat my own high-scores, even if I have to replay 100 times, exhaust myself, and end up beating my record my 1000 on a spinner, because that's what I find fun. I also hate losing time when I know there's no way for me to beat my own score. I live fast, play fast, and if I don't reach my objective, I want to try again fast.
Bottom line : Your argument is invalid.

THE_GH0ST wrote:

Games are about fun ; not just rank. I like to beat my own high-scores, even if I have to replay 100 times, exhaust myself, and end up beating my record my 1000 on a spinner, because that's what I find fun. I also hate losing time when I know there's no way for me to beat my own score. I live fast, play fast, and if I don't reach my objective, I want to try again fast.
Bottom line : Your argument is invalid.
You can tell that you're not gonna make it when you're exhausted.
Also, if your high score is something with a high combo, then if you break your combo in the middle for 3+ times, that's when you should hit the retry button.
Trying hard is good, but it doesn't always reward good. Your possibility of exceeding your high score is decreasing when you keep retrying. That's my point.
deadbeat
using this with Perfect seems a bit redundant since the scores you're going to be getting are go to be so close it might not even matter until the end of the map anyway.
Oinari-sama
You're probably better off supporting this request instead: t/141061
jesse1412
What about spinners? This request isn't possible anyway.
Topic Starter
[BAR] Rei

jesus1412 wrote:

What about spinners? This request isn't possible anyway.
Did you even read the freakin' post? It should be possible to do (I know it, I came up with an algorithm that does it), but it all depends on how everything else is already implemented. Anyway, no one likes the idea, so that's fine, I'm not expecting the coders to implement something only I'd like to see. Stop posting in here, this idea is dead. If I could, I'd delete the thread ; this was obviously a bad idea.
deadbeat
gonna mark as a dupe, check the thread Oinari posted