forum

[Archived] first circle not registering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jodwue
so i’m having this issue where when the first circle appears i have to press it super early (i’m talking like almost exactly when the circle around appears i already have to press it), if i don’t, it doesn’t register and shows that i missed. My global offset is 0, the ms on the bottom right side shows good ms, about 2ms which is what i usually play with. I tried reinstalling osu and it didn’t work, nothing changed. When the map continues on this issue doesn’t apply anymore, everything matches the beat and all. If the first thing on the map is a spinner, this issue doesn’t apply yo the following first note and if it’s a slider i still have to click it a bit earlier but it’s not as bad or difficult to hit compare to just the simple circles. Did anyone have this problem and if so, maybe yall know the solution. It’s really annoying.

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
Blushing
Can you get a video of this? Does this happen on specific maps or just any map?
Topic Starter
jodwue
https://youtu.be/UxWAQWNGdbo
https://youtu.be/UumNW00p9Kw

the video titled "good" is the one where i click the first circle way too early and the other one which is titled "bad" is the one where i press the circle on time, with the beat, normally.
It affects all maps as i have noticed, but it is easier to avoid it with sliders as i is a bit easier to hit them. (im sorry, im not really sure how to upload a decent video and where, so if this isnt working please let me know).
Daycore

jodwue wrote:

i have to press it super early
this is a quite confusing because you click the first circle almost perfectly in the "good one", so i'm not sure if i can give any advice

if you're sure that it's about how client works, then try changing playable keys or you could check if any third-party apps like keyboard drivers or something because there are such things like binds, they might make your keys work like this
Topic Starter
jodwue
alright, i will look into that. It might look like it on the video, but while you are playing you can feel it surely way more, especially when the maps are faster or have several fast notes, or bursts at the start.
Daycore
does your game lag when you have to click the first circle? i’m asking because i had this issue for 5 years. i’ve changed my hard drive to a new one and since then i have no lags in the game

maybe try installing the game on better hdd or even ssd?
Topic Starter
jodwue
mmmm no not really, it doesnt even lag, its just that the first circle is really hard to hit and i have never had this issue before