forum

[Archived] My song list reloads entirely whenever I import a new beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kodolu
Problem details:
I moved my data to a new pc, including the entire song list containing 78900+ of the beatmaps.

The problem is whenever I import a new .osz beatmap into the game. The game first add the new beatmap and then reloads the ENTIRE song list itself.

This never happened to my old pc. Also, considering I have a large collection of maps this becomes very time consuming.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
ss/18468412/d527

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20230202
Death
If you don't care about your maps being marked as "unplayed" in game, close osu!, open your install folder, and remove the osu!.db to see if that helps.

After doing that you'll need to wait for all of your beatmaps to reprocess one more time, but I'm hoping it will be the last time you need to do so.
Topic Starter
Kodolu
Yes I've moved the osu!.db from another PC too. That might be the cause. I'll see if it works. Thank you.

Edit: I tried deleting osu!.db the problem still persists.
Death
What location did you move osu! to on your new PC?
Topic Starter
Kodolu
I moved osu from my Appdata location to another location here:
C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\osu!

My songs location:
E:\Songs
Death
So you have your Songs in a different location than your osu! folder now? Did you manually symlink or did you use the BeatmapDirectory option in the osu!.<pcname>.cfg file?
Topic Starter
Kodolu
I didnt use symlink. I modified the osu!.<pcname>.cfg instead just like what i've done on my old computer.
My old PC loads new beatmap only on my old pc but my current one reloads everything each time i import a new beatmap
Death
Can you try switching the line in your config file back to its default value and importing a few maps into the default Songs folder to see if you're still having the same issue?
Topic Starter
Kodolu
Took your advice by directing beatmaps to the default Songs folder. The game can now correctly loads new beatmaps without reading the entire directory. However, when i switch back to "E:\Songs" the problem show up again. Maybe there's something wrong with my E drive song folder?
Death
Maybe? Perhaps you can try changing the permissions on the folder to give your Windows user full control over it (assuming it's not like that already). That's my only real guess, though I think if it were a permission issue you wouldn't be able to import any maps at all.
Topic Starter
Kodolu
Sadly I tried to give all access to all different roles and turned off read-only setting from the menu. It's still not working. At this point I have no idea what i can do other than reinstalling.
Death
Reinstalling probably won't do anything given that it won't touch your E drive. If you're still set on trying though, just run the installer by itself, no need to uninstall it will do the same thing.