forum

[Proposal] Add specific sections for audio quality of mashup-style songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krisom
Right now, the Ranking Criteria has certain specific sections for audio quality on song compilations or medleys. However perhaps something like this could be added specifically for:

Audio RC guideline proposal wrote:

Song mashup style tracks should aim to be mixed with proper tuning between the keys of the songs used. Chord progressions should ideally be in tune or harmonic between the two songs, and no abrupt cuts should happen in the mashup that modify the intended structure of the original songs.

I'm not including more specific stuff about the transitions or mixing, since that would be covered in this part.

Audio RC wrote:

Song compilations or other medley-style tracks should aim to be cleanly mixed with proper transitions, and should not include abrupt breaks or long fades between different songs. The songs used for the compilation should be similar in audio quality, volume and length.

I've tried to be as precise as possible, since adding something regarding song quality can quickly devolve into subjectiveness. I also think if this proposal were to be implemented, it should be for mashup-style songs and not *all* songs, since certain artists could use dissonant chords in their original work for highlighting areas of the song.
Ryu Sei
Having it as a guideline is a good idea for mappers who want to map mash-ups or even making their own ane map it.
quila
certain artists could use dissonant chords in their original work for highlighting areas of the song.
i agree with this quote.

as long as it's a guideline i don't mind, but it does seem inconsistent to enforce a standard like 'no dissonant chords' on one category of audio but not on another.
realy0_

quila wrote:

certain artists could use dissonant chords in their original work for highlighting areas of the song.
i agree with this quote.

as long as it's a guideline i don't mind, but it does seem inconsistent to enforce a standard like 'no dissonant chords' on one category of audio but not on another.
I will add up to this as it's not even enforceable to apply this as most people are simply unable to tell the "dissonant chords" in the audio. If everyone have perfect pitch, we wouldn't have issue with keysounded maps that has doesn't have the correct note/coord pitch.
Okoratu
will definitely be included in the audio draft