forum

How should I define my maps as a "cut version"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gsun
So I'm using Gametal Remixes on Youtube of Mario music like "Attack of the Koopa Bros." and "The Ultimate Show." and I had to cut off the audio on both videos because the guy remixing this stuff obviously needs to have some outro of his own in order to show other videos of his for people's viewing pleasure. But I'm only cutting off the outro, but not the whole remix, you know what I mean? Should I just call it a cut version, or is calling it a "slightly cut version" okay for a rankable map?
Jason X
Referring to the Ranking Criteria (Metadata -> Standardisation)
RC
Unofficial cut versions of songs must add a (Cut Ver.) marker at the end of the current title. If a length marker is already in the title of the track, (Cut Ver.) would replace it. This is to distinguish unofficial cuts of a song from full length versions. Songs that are shortened in ways that nearly match their official versions, and songs that are a full loop of a looping track will not be considered cut.

Note: If an unofficial cut contains matching sections in the same order and is roughly the same length as an official TV size, short version, or game version, it will instead count as an official cut and use the appropriate marker. Covers and remixes do not count.

I'm pretty sure that the outro you're referring to was added to the song itself, so cutting it away shouldn't necessitate the need to include "(Cut Ver.)" in the title.
Topic Starter
Gsun
thanks!