forum

[Archived] Profile stats doesn't update in osu! lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Afgan0r
I started playing recently via lazer version and noticed that my profile does not change Global/Country ranking, ranked score, pp and level. The score ranks also say that I did not get an A rank or higher, but I do have some A and S ranks (for example scores/2229727029)

After that, I decide to make a try to play the old version to see if this will change something, and it really does. I got global/country ranking, ranked score etc. But if I play lazer after that, my pp and rating stay the same and don't change.

So am I getting something wrong, and the stats shouldn't update when playing lazer or is this some kind of bug?

Lazer version: 2023.207.0-lazer
osu! version: 20230206
THAT_otaku
yes that is intended, lazer isnt affecting rank and all that yet, though you can look at the experimental https://lazer.ppy.sh/home and it will show ur lazer profile, which acts as a normal profile but updates with lazer (doesnt count for anything rly atm)
Topic Starter
Afgan0r

THAT_otaku wrote:

yes that is intended, lazer isnt affecting rank and all that yet, though you can look at the experimental https://lazer.ppy.sh/home and it will show ur lazer profile, which acts as a normal profile but updates with lazer (doesnt count for anything rly atm)
I know about lazer profile, but it doesn't change either. My profile: https://lazer.ppy.sh/users/32955403
My pp is 0, but I already should have some. And my S score ranks is 0, but I get at least two of those score, example you can find in my original message.
THAT_otaku
all your plays are either 0, 1, or still calculating pp, so its no surprise you havent gained anything really
MasterKiwi
I'm having a similar issue, despite setting high scores on multiple songs my profile has not updated. I don't know if something is happening in the background or if peppy is working on pp related stuff where scores are not being updated but all I know is that it was updating previously for a bit and then stopped updating about a few weeks ago.

https://lazer.ppy.sh/users/25064077
Death
Please create a new issue here if one doesn't exist for already (from a quick look I didn't see anything).
Topic Starter
Afgan0r

THAT_otaku wrote:

all your plays are either 0, 1, or still calculating pp, so its no surprise you havent gained anything really
True, but I should have at least 5 now. And pp isn't a problem by itself, it's just an easy measure. The issue that all stats in profile don't update, including ranking/ranked score/scores/level and xp/etc. When in beatmaps listing I choose recommended difficulty without any filters, I see only 3 beatmaps with 0.3 stars, when I'm already can beat some 2 stars beatmaps.

Death wrote:

Please create a new issue here if one doesn't exist for already (from a quick look I didn't see anything).
It's not a web issue because the stats in the game don't change either.
Kibasynth

Afgan0r wrote:

I started playing recently via lazer version and noticed that my profile does not change Global/Country ranking, ranked score, pp and level. The score ranks also say that I did not get an A rank or higher, but I do have some A and S ranks (for example scores/2229727029)

After that, I decide to make a try to play the old version to see if this will change something, and it really does. I got global/country ranking, ranked score etc. But if I play lazer after that, my pp and rating stay the same and don't change.

So am I getting something wrong, and the stats shouldn't update when playing lazer or is this some kind of bug?

I have this exact issue with lazer as well! My ranking on lazer.ppy.sh isn't changing, I see my recent and best plays on my profile, but the global/country ranking and PP aren't updating.

I've been trying to find more info on this and sadly this was the only thread I found

EDIT:
It just updated my ranking! I have no idea why and how
bougbere
I'm having the same issue. Both my pp and rankings are blank when I check on my profile users/32950080 and I've been playing on osu! lazer as well.
Topic Starter
Afgan0r

Kibasynth wrote:

Afgan0r wrote:

I started playing recently via lazer version and noticed that my profile does not change Global/Country ranking, ranked score, pp and level. The score ranks also say that I did not get an A rank or higher, but I do have some A and S ranks (for example https://lazer.ppy.sh/scores/2229727029)

I have this exact issue with lazer as well! My ranking on lazer.ppy.sh isn't changing, I see my recent and best plays on my profile, but the global/country ranking and PP aren't updating.

I've been trying to find more info on this and sadly this was the only thread I found

EDIT:
It just updated my ranking! I have no idea why and how
Just updated the game and played one beatmap with 4pp gain, nothing changed. Maybe it's need more time to process/update all profiles.
Death

Afgan0r wrote:

Death wrote:

Lazer uses the web to save and fetch your stats. Given that your scores are submitting, I'm guessing this is a web issue, hence why I linked to that repo.

There is a chance it's client related I guess (can't say since I don't actually know what the issue is), so if you really want to you can also open a new discussion post here instead. Either way, reporting this on GitHub will cause this issue to make its way to the correct people.
Topic Starter
Afgan0r

Death wrote:

Afgan0r wrote:

Death wrote:

Lazer uses the web to save and fetch your stats. Given that your scores are submitting, I'm guessing this is a web issue, hence why I linked to that repo.

There is a chance it's client related I guess (can't say since I don't actually know what the issue is), so if you really want to you can also open a new discussion post here instead. Either way, reporting this on GitHub will cause this issue to make its way to the correct people.
Got it, thanks for the explanation.