forum

What happens in the 7-day period between Qualified and Ranked statuses for maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gsun
I had a funny question, but I always wondered, ever since I read about this on their website, what happens in that 7-day period. Does anyone know? Is it like the BNs gotta give it over to Peppy and the official Osu! staff as well as the QAT and BAT for further examination and approval after getting it qualified or what happens? I mean otherwise the BNs aren't the only ones approving a map for ranking, right? So what actually happens? Just curious.
-Koish-
what happens is, the mapper gets anxiety from every notifications they recieve during that 7 day period.
P_O
maps generally get more visibility when they get qualified compared to pending. qualified is there for anyone to report if they spot any mistakes in the maps. That way there is still time to react after nominations if something is seriously wrong/controversial. In most cases maps just sit there for a week and nothing happens.

this link contains more information about the ranking process
wiki/en/Beatmap_ranking_procedure
Topic Starter
Gsun

-Koish- wrote:

what happens is, the mapper gets anxiety from every notifications they recieve during that 7 day period.
That's quite funny XD.
lewski

GloriousSun250 wrote:

I mean otherwise the BNs aren't the only ones approving a map for ranking, right?
they are, there's no extra confirmation. if no one disqualifies the map, it moves into Ranked automatically

wiki/en/Beatmap_ranking_procedure

GloriousSun250 wrote:

QAT and BAT
these names died years ago, the QAT is the previous incarnation of the NAT while the BAT is the previous incarnation of the BNG

wiki/en/History_of_osu!/Mapping_and_Modding_Timeline
Hoshimegu Mio

-Koish- wrote:

This would be true for me if I didn't have 5k notifications. I was genuinely frightened when the first rating on it was 1* though.
Drum-Hitnormal
u pray that no one look at ur map and post issues, or get DMCA