forum

[duplicate] Beatmap Semi-automatic Updates

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kanegae
The fact:
Every now and then, beatmappers update their maps (new mp3, new SB, little tweaks...), and this causes the need of a redownload by the player (and causing the Beatmappers to put a message/warning, like this or this.)

The problem:

I (altough I think that many players are like that too.), 98% of the time (~10/720), NEVER revisits the scoreboard/download page, after downloading a map. Rare exception: checking the detailed scoreboard.

Question / Solution:

Is it POSSIBLE to have a button, like F5 (that requests a full proccess of all downloaded beatmaps), that checks all of your beatmaps (Yea, I know that it would take some minutes/hours.) and see if there is a new version? Or, even better, have beatmaps use a version number (i.e "2.1.2 - New SB"), so that 'button' will not need to check byte per byte of the file?

Searched for something like that in the Forums, and didn't find anything related. And, if there's any grammar error, please correct me.
deadbeat
t/13199/ like this?
Topic Starter
Kanegae

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/13199/ like this?
+ noting that "a feature that does the same as clicking all UPDATE TO LATEST VERSION buttons" sometimes does not fully updates the beatmap. (thus the need to "re-download", and not "click the update button!")