forum

[Archived] I have many questions in one, please help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neshaien
I have questions that are important to me because it bothers me, namely if:
->Does the computer virus affect the osu game in a way that they can steal my account, or it affects the receiving of PPs and does the quality of the internet relate to receiving PPs? I'm asking because I've always been afraid and out of curiosity, because I don't know if my computer is infected, and I'm tired of restarting to factory settings because it doesn't give me anything, and in addition I have to download several thousand maps then, so bad :/
->How to change the assigned browser from Opera to Google, for example, to display my profile on the website
->I have an annoying problem with the stylus slipping every time I play 30 seconds or more of the map then when there is no break in the beatmap I lose later, I have a tablet and a One by Wacom stylus and the material the stylus is made of is bothering me because it is slippery. Is there some kind of rubber or something to prevent it from slipping?
->Why when I click on the OSU icon to start the game, I can't and I have to click 20-25 times for the window to turn on in full screen so it flashes for a moment and crashes to the desktop

Sorry for writing so long, but I want to ask about my problems.
Regards and thank you :D
Namazu
Okay I'll try to answer two of your questions since I don't really have an answer for the others.

>I don't know what virus you're talking about, but if you have a virus on your PC it shouldn't be able to hack your osu account of anything, and even if they do, they would still need your E-mail to gain full access to your account.

If you're afraid of resetting your PC because you'll lose lots of maps, there's an application you can get for free that allows you to download a bunch of maps in a short amount of time. It's called Batch Beatmap Downloader and I use it myself.

>Regarding your issues with the pen, some things that can help are washing your hands if they're sweaty (I don't mean this in a bad way).
You can also use some special tape like electrical tape or tennis racket tape to thicken the pen.
Make sure to remove the buttons first though otherwise the tape will be pressing on them!
And lastly, this might be a bit more tough, but maybe change your grip to make the pen slip less.

Feel free to DM me or add me on discord if you need any help with these two problems! :D
Blushing
1.a) Viruses shouldnt be able to get osu! information, but if you are worried about that then you should install or use a antivirus software to see if any can check if you got any.

1.b) Even if you do have a virus it will not impact your PP gain any, unless the virus can somehow stop you from connecting to the osu! servers then you can and will gain pp.

2. You can follow this link to help you navigate the settings to set your default browser.

3. There are multiple things you can use to help your slipping issue. One is a pencil grip, another may be tape, or put some fabric around it and secure the fabric to the pen somehow. Or you can see if a different grip can help in its entirety.

4. Are you running compatibility mode?
Topic Starter
Neshaien
ok thanks, are the skins downloaded from OSU Skins safe? I've had them since I started playing.

osuskins.net <- this is where my skins come from
Blushing
They should be relatively safe but if you are unsure, then you should definitely just download off of the official website.