forum

How to get the osu! API key

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maiev
Hello everyone! I am a beginner web developer and I want to create a web application for osu players, but I need an API to get beatmap names/artists for it.

I've read the documentation of osu!api v2 and I got that I need to request the access here for API p/api. But I don't have any app yet, I want to try making it using osu! API. Do I just request without any url or actual application name? Or is there another way to get the key?
Blushing
Click on your little profile picture at the top-right -> settings -> scroll down to "Create New OAuth" -> Create New OAuth -> Create a name -> The API key will be the client secret.

If it is self-contained I do not think you need a url unless you are tracking that, but you do need to have a name. However I could be misinformed with that but the above is the way to get the client secret (API key)
Topic Starter
Maiev
O yes it worked! I skipped the most important part of a documentation lol

Thank you for your time!
[ Sebastian ]
I want to try the API myself to see stats. Are there any good videos on YouTube that details how to use Osu's stat API?
Blushing

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

I want to try the API myself to see stats. Are there any good videos on YouTube that details how to use Osu's stat API?

Well did you look to see if the documentation is on the api documentation? A simple internet search of osu! api to get stats or something similar would probably yield some results.
Topic Starter
Maiev
Can someone help me with getting the data from osu API please? I'm working on some web app and I need beatmaps data for it. I've got an API key from profile's settings but I still can't get the data