forum

Should I change my playstyle to kddk?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EnigmaticG
Hi,

I've gotten pretty far with a ddkk playstyle while alternating individual patterns (not full alternating yet), and I'm starting to have trouble with repeated monocolor patterns in some of the 4*-4.5* maps, mainly in my non-dominant hand (the dons). I struggle with accuracy and full comboing muzus >=180 bpm, especially when the map is long, as well as onis with long monocolor patterns. How should I approach practicing these types of patterns? Should I just switch to kddk at this point and relearn patterns, or are there things I can do to make these maps more manageable?
Jason X
You might wanna read this thread, it might help you decide.
Can't really tell you if you should change your playstyle or not, that decision is yours to make.
Tedward765

EnigmaticG wrote:

How should I approach practicing these types of patterns?
play maps that have those types of patterns, of course don't play them too much but just play them a few times during a session. This worked out best for me since just dedicating specific training sessions for certain skillsets have never really worked for me but learning it passively by just occasionally doing something im not good at has gotten me gradually better at something that i couldn't even do back them (one of those being even note patterns e.g. ddkd, kkdk ... etc)