forum

[Archived] i cant put a background into my beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
snowstorm345
i cant get this to work. pls help me
- Marco -
What error do you have? What is the file extension of the background?
Topic Starter
snowstorm345
i tried a png and i tried a avi and as soon as i tried to test normally or in the editor the game IMMEDIATLY crashed. it happened everytime i tried it
- Marco -
Follow wiki/Help_centre#event-viewer and paste what you find as a reply to this thread
Topic Starter
snowstorm345
this is what i found

Application: osu!.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException at dje_zFLQVM4A3X5MU49S92VQ8Y8GWCXQCDYM3S4MK4Z5ES5EQ9MZ_ejd.#=zDG2xcZJr8dO4x_WPLg==(IntPtr, Int32, Int64, Int32) at #=z20GZ7iVun8IFuT2BRGaGD5XmBh0O1or3Mw==.#=zusSXFlg=(Int32) at #=zn7GpOVtDr8G_8HJcPKqlahY2URky.#=zDO2RP9E=() at #=zn7GpOVtDr8G_8HJcPKqlahY2URky.#=zZMS2X$8=() at #=zPN4NfuMekXqO5CpVdq17w9mhVQ5A.#=zOQSWm18=() at #=zMxSxYPAbY$xWayvLLR7pmuZ$Mce6.#=zZMS2X$8=() at #=zmGYAKU6w9qdT1rbP1Q==+#=z6YAeGow=.#=z$hQeQ9p4EUjiInMp0g==(#=zuHMPCOVxJwp4zqvDSeI_sa0=) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].ForEach(System.Action`1<System.__Canon>) at #=zmGYAKU6w9qdT1rbP1Q==.#=zlqqF9lGbO22T7_p8Zg==() at #=zf0mMx7f62WIWbAv2mQ==.#=z1kJD9xM=(#=zQ2VRlxknS$58w3CYVR4oWmc=) at #=zmGYAKU6w9qdT1rbP1Q==.#=zZMS2X$8=() at #=ze5dCLDu8RUKfaPMxdA==.#=zSR1mUsqYDkvr(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=ze3o19yaZPqDGiqxlzQhmlfo=.#=z4OSWyn8=(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at #=zXT3FS_$PKc3niU_L3h30gwQ=.#=zPFnvyDt4VlC3Vpq6dA==(System.Object, System.EventArgs) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr, Int32, Int32) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form) at #=zXT3FS_$PKc3niU_L3h30gwQ=.#=zgUr3wg8=() at #=ze5dCLDu8RUKfaPMxdA==.#=zgUr3wg8=() at #=zkppJkr_M_tO9dc8gEQ==.#=zNUFaT6dSHN2i(System.String, Boolean, Boolean) at #=zkppJkr_M_tO9dc8gEQ==.#=zCloTT4Q=(System.String[]) at #=zkppJkr_M_tO9dc8gEQ==.#=zULv56c0=() at #=z1K8MDsWGLMRWOvC2BxuS9URirnvV.#=z2Pbgvts=()
- Marco -
Do you have any antivirus? Where did you install osu?
Topic Starter
snowstorm345
i installed from the official website
i have no idea if i have an antivirus as i got this pc 2 months ago and i was doing other things while someone else set it up (you guessed it i was busy playing osu on my laptop)
THAT_otaku
Does it happen with any image file or just a specific one?
Does the file name of the image have any special characters/non-unicode characters? if so remove those from the name and try again.
Try running the game in compatibility mode and try again (open the osu settings and search for compatibility mode, then toggle it) - ty Blushing

make sure everything is up to date (osu/windows/graphics drivers) since it doesnt sound like your computer is having a fun time rendering images in osu potentially?
Topic Starter
snowstorm345
i tried using a jpeg today and it worked
Zelzatter Zero
so it seems like either it's a PNG issue in your side or that specific image has an unreadable encoder thus it doesn't work (happens when one filetype converted to another simply by just renaming the extension)

Can you try it with any other PNG files?