forum

Solution: Running osu! Through A Proxy Filter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shiroyuki
Note: I really don't have an idea where this goes, so I hope I'm in the right place.

So after a long time of searching and failing to understand several suggestions, I have uncovered the solution to running osu! through a school/university proxy filter.
Let's break it down:

Required Software:
- Internet connection
- psiphon3 (found here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/0ubz-2q11-gi9y/en.html)
-Proxifier (torrent it if you don't wish to pay)

Note: Read what you download. As it says on the psiphon page, a false version is going around. If it looks dodgy, DON'T DOWNLOAD.

Step 1:
Install Proxifier. Follow all prompts and make sure that it installs correctly

Step 2:
Close Proxifier, and open psiphon3. Make sure the radio button is set to SSH+. You'll know that you're connected to their servers when:
- It says SSH+ successfully comnnected
- The psiphon page comes up in your web browser.

Step 3:
Open Proxifier. At the top, open the Profile dropdown menu. Select Proxy Servers.

Step 4:
On the right, hit the Add button. For the address, type the IP 127.0.0.1. This is the IP psiphon uses to connect. For the port type 1080. This is the localhost port. Finally, ensure that the radio button is set to SOCKS Version 5.

Step 5:
Double check everything, and hit OK.

Step 6:
Run osu!

Note: In order to play osu! through a proxy filter, you must first open psiphon3, then Proxifier, IN THAT ORDER.

EDIT: Please post if you guys find this useful. I'm still at school so I spend a lot of time trying to get around whatever blocks they can put up.

Mata ne.