forum

Increase favorite beatmaps limit again

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +115
Topic Starter
YuEast 2018
Last time of this was community/forums/topics/98593?n=35

Currently we have a 100-maps fav limit for non-supporter (supporter is 1000), which was applied in the post (link above) at maybe 2015. A that time the number of all beatmapsets are about 500k, and now it goes to almost 2 million. Maps are gettig better, and there's more maps and more choices for people to press that heart button. So imo fav limit can be moved up also.

Reasons of moving up the limit is similar to last request. And this time i think we could have a better solution. Since last time was 100 fav limit versus 500k maps (50 versus 500k before apply), through a easy calculation, the new limit would be like 200-400, and this number can be related to the number of beatmapset. (e.g. 1/5000 of the number of all beatmapsets)

For supporters limit might keep 10 times of non-supporter, or 5 times because there might be too many slots of fav.
[ Stefan ]
yeah man frfr raise the limit to 100K so I can fully treat osu as my bootleg spotify.
advokiller
It's not that easy as it seems. Let's say there's certain amount of data on servers. Amount of beatmaps increases equally to amount of servers. So it's already 4x(x is the amount of the servers before increase) servers. If devs will increase that limit they'll have to get 8x servers.