forum

Does the "prediction trail" in some skins counts as CHEATING?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MoitronDesu
I'm relatively new to the game and have recently noticed that some skins have something like a "prediction trail", which appears after you click on a circle and goes in the direction of the next one before there are any signs of it. Doesn't that mean it allows you to literally predict the location of the next circle, thus removing the need for good reactions, since you will know where the next circle will appear beforehand? Doesn't that count as cheating?
Thanks in advance for answering, as this question troubles me, since there are some skins I really like, but they have the aforementioned trail and I would prefer to play without it and not make the game "easier" for myself in order to be able to progress in skill more efficiently.
I apologize, if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find such a thread myself (most likely because I don't know the correct terminology for the prediction trail I'm talking about). In case such a thread does in fact exist already, I'll be thankful if someone could post the link to it as a comment.
Have a great day and good luck with your Osu! games! :)
The Cosmic Chef
No, this isn't cheating. It's simply to help newer players who might need it and is even featured in the default skin. Hope this helps!
Topic Starter
MoitronDesu

The Cosmic Chef wrote:

No, this isn't cheating. It's simply to help newer players who might need it and is even featured in the default skin. Hope this helps!
This answers my question. Thank you.