forum

Middle finger uncooperative

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kyid
Ok so for the past 2-3 weeks or so of playing everyday after a 2 day break (christmas) my middle finger on my left hand suddenly won't raise from my keyboard anymore. I was already getting good at handstreams before that break. My right hand is already back to the skill level it once was but my left hand is just not working. Idk what happened but I couldn't do handstreams again just because of what I'm experiencing right now. Very frustrating.

I already experienced this in the past back in late October but my left hand just suddenly fixed itself when trying to get A rank in future dominators. I did try that again but left wrist just hurts after that.

(I thought it was because of warm up but after 2 hours of trying to warm up, it still won't raise from the keybaord)

Idk what i'm experiencing right now pls help. 🙂
Stomiks
Bro I think you should go to a hospital if you can't move your fingers
UltraBlack
Stomiks is right
But if you feel it is not a problem try hard warming with dense chordjack maps, always work for me. Other than that i think just play more
Topic Starter
kyid
late reply but yesterday it worked fine again. Really strange why it just goes on and off.
TheAngryNerd101
You should consider stretching your arms and tendons in your hands a little bit before playing. Look up "Carpal Tunnel Exercises" and do a few of them; you may not have carpal tunnel but I think they may still be helpful, especially in preventing injury. Also make sure to warm up properly, play easy maps at the beginning of your sessions.

kyid wrote:

late reply but yesterday it worked fine again. Really strange why it just goes on and off.
I think you might want to get that checked, in that case. If this is a recurring thing you may either be injuring yourself constantly or you've already sustained permanent damage. Please take breaks during sessions and take care of your hands to the best of your ability to minimize injury.
Stomiks

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

kyid wrote:

I think you might want to get that checked, in that case. If this is a recurring thing you may either be injuring yourself constantly or you've already sustained permanent damage. Please take breaks during sessions and take care of your hands to the best of your ability to minimize injury.
What he said. Get it checked even if the problem disappeared cause you might be causing repeated damage to your hand while you don't know it.
Topic Starter
kyid
I'll see what i can do, thanks!
Topic Starter
kyid
Update: I had both hands checked up and they told me there were torn fibers on my left middle finger and wrist but aside from those 2 everything was fine. Thank you for suggesting me to go to have it checked up. My naive brain couldn't have done it on its own. :)
Stomiks
Good grace you got a check up. Hope you stay safe.
Topic Starter
kyid
alr, update 2

I re-checked up (they said i should return in a week). When I did, they said it was already well so I was happy. I waited an extra week to start playing normally again so that I wouldn't injure myself again. So about last week I started playing normally again and I noticed something. My middle finger still didn't move so i said to my self "I'm probably rusty". So I played normal sessions until today and so far I still have the same problem ever since I made this thread. I tried using my ring finger instead of my middle finger and it played like normal:(fast, can do HS, JS, stamina and many more) doing this gave me less speed but It works. I probably need more time training my middle finger but I'm worried it might have permanent/long lasting damage. :(