forum

[invalid] Vulkan layer .dll's are deleted on osu launch after updating the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MaxisWJ
Problem details:I'm using this release (https://github.com/Sporif/dxvk-async/releases/tag/1.10.1) to make osu run on vulkan instead of dxd9. When i opened the game it opened in vulkan, but started downloading an update, after which it re-launched on dxd9 and the "dxd9.dll" and "dxgi.dll" now get deleted every time i launch the game.

osu! version: Stable 20230121.1 (latest)
Ryu Sei
osu! does not really like third-party DLLs, hence the game will delete it on sight. I wonder why are you trying to run the game on Vulkan instead...
Topic Starter
MaxisWJ

Ryu Sei wrote:

osu! does not really like third-party DLLs, hence the game will delete it on sight. I wonder why are you trying to run the game on Vulkan instead...
Well obviously because DX9 and OGL are old and i cant get my rig to run osu without stutters unless i use Vulkan

60+ frame rates are a nightmare for dx9, that's why vulkan .dll's exist
Ryu Sei
You should ask to the development forum instead whether Vulkan can be implemented to osu! or not. Quick searching on the forum shows that the topic was dismissed.

I'm pretty sure sideloading DLL is not allowed, and might cause ban if you're keep forcing your way to do it.
Blushing
Fun fact. Vulkan is being implemented for osu!lazer. Try it out. If you are wanting to use it for stable, it might not work since osu! doesnt like .dlls being injected (as previously said).
Death
Yeah, best not to do that.