forum

[Archived] Osu! Frame Limiter mode problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sayo OwO
Every time I use other frame limiter than Vsync , I get a lot of delay 3-8 ms . I wanna use unlimited frame limit but I always get a lot of delay when using it , is any way to fix it ? Im searching for answers on google for a lot of time and I still didn't find a way to fix it.

osu! version: Stable 20230121.1 (latest)
Death
What are your PC specs? Have you tried following the troubleshooting steps found here?

If you're using 60hz monitor, your frame time with vsync would be 17ms anyway, so the 3-8ms value you're saying you get on other frame limiters should still be better than vsync. If you're using a 144hz monitor, that value drops to ~7.
Topic Starter
Sayo OwO
Intel Core i3 9100f 3.6 Ghz , 8 gigabytes of RAM , Geforce GTX 1660 and a 75hz Monitor
Topic Starter
Sayo OwO
I already posted the specs , so what should I do?
Death
Just try all of the troubleshooting steps here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting, which I left in my last post.

Even with a 75hz monitor by the way, that 3-8ms value you mentioned should still be faster than vsync.
Topic Starter
Sayo OwO
With VSync I get low input delay . I started having those issues when I first tried to use custom frame limiter , and after that , every time I use other frame limiter than VSync It gets a lot of input delay . I already read the troubleshooting steps , but I didn't find an actual fix to the problem.
Death
Where are you getting you "input delay" numbers from? The 3-8ms value you mentioned in your post is your frame time, not input delay. What is the value you are seeing with vsync enabled?
Topic Starter
Sayo OwO
The value I get with VSync is around 1 ms , and it is stable .
AccountWontWork
if you cant find a way to fix it, then rest assured as 1 ms of delay is already good enough.
Topic Starter
Sayo OwO
Soo it isn't any way to actually fix it ? Even using the Osu!(User) notepad ? I started having those problems when I modified things in that file , so , maybe is something that I may changed that I shouldn't have change.