forum

[invalid] Replay Exporter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +10
Topic Starter
Jafem
There should be a way to export replays to like movie formats like: AVI MP4 MKV MOV MPEG etc...
Or like a upload to youtube button without having to download a recording software like Fraps or Camstudio.
Oinari-sama
osu!record already does a great job in that.

Upload your replay file to osu!record server and it'll spit out a youtube link for you. Simple as that.
deadbeat
be cool if i was integrated into osu! though
XPJ38
Already requested (t/719, t/4534) but these threads are so old... Better keep this one open.
Abel

Oinari-sama wrote:

Upload your replay file to osu!record server and it'll spit out a youtube link for you. Simple as that.
O!record only does ( at least for me) replays with 4:3 screen, adn standard skin, I dont know how to change those, also I think its a good idea, since the O!record its bussy more or less... 99.99% of the time :c
PyaKura

Oinari-sama wrote:

Wait, I thought the service had been discontinued... ?

@OP : Trackmania has this sort of converter, so I know what you are talking about. But I really have no idea if it's doable for osu!. You can just record your replay with fraps and then convert it with something like FormatFactory (that's what I use anyway). So yeah it's not user friendly but there are some tuts around here which explain how to record a replay and post it on YT/whatever...
Oinari-sama
Eh has osu!record been discontinued? I thought it's just offline until the hardware issues are fixed?

I think a server based service will be more desirable than a local service though. Local services will still be based on screen capturing and PC specs willl be a major constrain; and the osu client will grow fat thanks to this new function.

Luckily though, Darkimmortal has shared the scripts for osu!record and it'll save peppy a lot of work if he's ever interested in hosting an official server.
PyaKura

Oinari-sama wrote:

Eh has osu!record been discontinued? I thought it's just offline until the hardware issues are fixed?
Ah ? I don't remember having read anything of the sort.It might just be me making things up.
Topic Starter
Jafem
hmm osu record i must try that one out
Nathanael
osu!record is not running or something has gone horribly wrong.
Oinari-sama

PyaKura wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Ah ? I don't remember having read anything of the sort.It might just be me making things up.
Actually you're right about the discontinuation. I didn't see the 2nd part of Darkimmortal's message:

Darkimmortal wrote:

Unfortunately it's likely I will have to discontinue this service as the server it was running on has failed, and the replacement server I am building will probably not have a good enough GPU.

Edit: Confirmed - definitely not powerful enough, sorry
which is a real shame to see such a good service go :(

Let's see if peppy is interested in adapting the code for osu...
pixeldesu

Oinari-sama wrote:

Let's see if peppy is interested in adapting the code for osu...
I don't think adapting the code would be that easy, or at least something worth, it'd need an entire rewrite. (osu!record was some kind of 'hacking' around with PHP, Autohotkey and way more stuff, since osu! was running with Wine on that server)
boat
Considering how many more would probably use this service if it was officially bundled with the client I imagine you would have to allocate a whole lot of servers, otherwise the queue times would be incredibly long, most probably too long to be worthwhile of a service when you got the alternative to either do it yourself or ask a friend to do it for you.
pixeldesu

boat wrote:

Considering how many more would probably use this service if it was officially bundled with the client I imagine you would have to allocate a whole lot of servers, otherwise the queue times would be incredibly long, most probably too long to be worthwhile of a service when you got the alternative to either do it yourself or ask a friend to do it for you.
There's no need to allocate servers for a built-in exporter for replays, which is the request here. But still, I guess it would need 1. a whole lot of coding work and 2. a powerful/good computer to actually do that, which makes it kinda useless (in fact you could record it yourself then).
boat
Best of luck with transcoding cursor coordinates or whatever replays are into a video.

That's a less reasonable request than allocating a server to automatically record replays.

I'm pretty sure this is like the millionth duplicate of the same request anyways though.
funnytrees
I've started and stopped working on a program to do this about a dozen times, but never got around to finishing >_<
Topic Starter
Jafem
Will it be hard coding a software like this or even build it into osu?
PyaKura
I think using Darkimmortal's script should be fairly easy. Not quite sure about integrating it to the game.
MillhioreF
This has indeed been denied a billion times. Just use OBS and change the settings to have it output to local file instead of a stream channel - very low resource usage, and it creates a file that's already ready to upload to youtube or wherever. Very handy!