forum

Way To Add Note Splashes In 4k Mania Skins?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gamekilla564
So I Wanna Add Note Splashes On A Skin I Customize A Lot And I Want To Know How To Add Note Splashes
skin: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CyCakch6eIZSs-CgDwwp8QvQm1abQatY/view

ty in advance
Ryu Sei
Add some files with the name "lightingL.png" and "lightingN.png". If you want to animate it, append "-{n}" just right after the file name, so it become "lightingL-{n}.png" and "lightingN-{n}.png".

"lightingL.png" is the animation when you hit the hold note.
"lightingN.png" is the animation when you hit normal note and the end of hold note.
"-{n}" is the frame order, starting from 0.
Topic Starter
Gamekilla564

Ryu Sei wrote:

Add some files with the name "lightingL.png" and "lightingN.png". If you want to animate it, append "-{n}" just right after the file name, so it become "lightingL-{n}.png" and "lightingN-{n}.png".

"lightingL.png" is the animation when you hit the hold note.
"lightingN.png" is the animation when you hit normal note and the end of hold note.
"-{n}" is the frame order, starting from 0.
edit: what does mania-stage-light do when i add a black bar i see the bar appear behind the stage (transparent stage)

Can You Give Me An Example Of An Animated Note Splash So I Know What Is The Right Things To Do When Adding Them.
Ryu Sei

Gamekilla564 wrote:

edit: what does mania-stage-light do when i add a black bar i see the bar appear behind the stage (transparent stage)

Can You Give Me An Example Of An Animated Note Splash So I Know What Is The Right Things To Do When Adding Them.
mania-stage-light is the overlay over the lane when you press a note.

Here's the example of how does an animated note splash looks like in your file explorer:
Topic Starter
Gamekilla564

Ryu Sei wrote:

Gamekilla564 wrote:

mania-stage-light is the overlay over the lane when you press a note.

Here's the example of how does an animated note splash looks like in your file explorer:
i understand it now, but is there some things in the skin.ini that might change things on it???