forum

[invalid] Multiplayerlobby improvement for beatmap selection

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Schloesy
I really love to play osu in multiplayer lobbys and most of the time a friend and I create a lobby. Together it is no problem to choose a beatmap because we are allways together in skype, but when we play with other people and they want to choose a beatmap then I have to give them the lead of the lobby. Most of the people will give the lead back to me after they have choosen their map, but there always the black sheeps who will rule the whole lobby and kick every player out of the lobby and this is really anoying. :x

So my idea is to add a 3rd rank to a multiplayer lobby after the leader, who has a little crow beside his name and the guest, who has a little hart thing beside his name. This 3rd rank could be called "The DJ" and could have a ♫ (ALT+14) or ♪ (ALT+13) beside his name to represent that this player can choose the beatmap.

Rules for "The DJ":

- He can not kick players out of the lobby
- "DJ" is not a must have in every lobby
- When there is a "DJ" in the lobby the leader can not choose a beatmap (should prevent potential bugs)
- The leader can take away the "The DJ" rank
- Only the leader can give "The DJ" to another person
- If "The DJ" leaves the lobby the leader becomes the person who choose beatmap

I have long thought about how you could incorporate such a feature in the game so I hope it will be introduced soon.

Thx Schloesy

Ps: Look at my eyes with the firefox browser :)
deadbeat
t/99948 support this request, it sounds better
Elkar
Schloesy idea is better i think! :D
Oinari-sama
t/124407

Double dup?
deadbeat
oh of course. i always forget that request ;~;
Happy's request will work better